PDA

View Full Version : A Summer Collecting

Scott Donley
09-14-2005, 3:30 PM
Thanks to all for the advice over the summer. These are a few of the toys I ended up with. The Craftsman 22124 I have only had for a week now and have found it to be a really nice saw, cut some 5/4 green Maple with no problem so it should serve my needs just great. The Maple is new also, 5/4 and 8/8, can't wait till next summer to use some of it. Love the LN block plane, highly recomend it, also the Stanley #5. The LN Dovetail saw is a dream, just have to figure out how to use it!. Dewalt vsro sander is ok, nothing to write home about. The old King-Seally lathe taught me that I want something bigger and better, but it served it's purpose. I like turning. If I forgot something, o'well.
So thanks for all the advice, that is what SMC is about! Now to make some more saw dust!!!! Scott

Dale Rodabaugh
09-14-2005, 3:40 PM
Glad you had a good summer.I have been eyeballing that Craftsman cabinet saw at Sears for quite awhile.The lathe looks like an old Craftsman I purchased from an auctioneer a couple of years ago.By the way it is nice to see some sawdust on the floor,makes me think you are actually using your tools.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Scott Donley
09-14-2005, 4:11 PM
Thanks, it is an old Craftsman lathe, made by King-Seally for them, it was a freebie that I had to get a spure center and face plate but it gave me a chance to try turning. I looked at a lot of TS but the price for a well used Uni around here was still more than what the Craftsman was, plus I really did not want to deal with 220 at this time. Am very happy with it so far, very smooth, good dust collection, nice fence, would recomend it highly. I paid just over 850 including tax and del. for it, the moble base and an extra dado insert and they put it in the shop for that price. all I had to do was put it together.

aurelio alarcon
09-15-2005, 5:05 AM
Nice stuff! I too have had my eyes on that table saw.

Dick Aubochon
09-15-2005, 6:06 AM
Ditto, with regard to having an eye on it. I keep waiting for the magic "sale", and it's mine!

Jim Dunn
09-15-2005, 8:33 AM
Scott, I too have the same lathe. The little bit I've used it I really like it. When I got it I had to replace the headstock bearings. Cleaned it up a bit and it's like new.

Corey Hallagan
09-15-2005, 9:03 AM
Congrats Scott! Nice haul, especially that new table saw and that incredible scroll saw deal you got! Be safe and enjoy all!

Corey

Scott Donley
09-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks Corey, would not have the scroll saw working without your help !
Congrats Scott! Nice haul, especially that new table saw and that incredible scroll saw deal you got! Be safe and enjoy all!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2005, 1:38 PM
Looks like you've had a grea summer Scott! Congrats!