PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Mike O'Keefe
03-16-2016, 6:35 PM
Hi My name is Mike. Been doing woodworking for 20+years.Just thought I'd say Hello.This looks like a great site to hang out at. Started hanging out first at The Oak,then The Woodworks. Any body know what happened to that site?? Anyway Mike

Frederick Skelly
03-16-2016, 6:59 PM
Welcome Mike! Glad you've joined us.
Yes, this is a great site with lots of friendly, knowledgeble people.

Please tell us what kind of stuff do you like to build. Got any pictures?

Fred

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2016, 6:59 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike! Wade right in the water's fine!

Mike O'Keefe
03-16-2016, 7:09 PM
Welcome Mike! Glad you've joined us.
Yes, this is a great site with lots of friendly, knowledgeble people.

Please tell us what kind of stuff do you like to build. Got any pictures?

Fred

Hey Fred I like doing furniture piece's, coffee tables,rocking chairs,did a bunch of toy boxes. Last fall I made a whole bunch of cutting boards. As far as pic's I'm technically challenged. Thanks for the welcome. Mike

Bill McNiel
03-16-2016, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike, you will undoubtedly enjoy the water here, I'm going to beat Jim K to the punch and ask where you are located. It helps to have it in your profile when you ask questions.

Lee Schierer
03-17-2016, 8:30 AM
Welcome to the Creek. Wade right in new woodworkers are always welcome.

Carroll Courtney
03-17-2016, 8:44 AM
Welcome Mike,like you I often visit the Oak as well then I found SMC which has become my home.Pics??This place is the best for uploading pics of your work,like you when it comes to computers not so friendly.But there is a section here for those questions.----Carroll

Prashun Patel
03-17-2016, 9:12 AM
Hi Mike. Welcome to SMC.

Jump in, swim around. Water's fine.

One tip: I would definitely spend some time figuring out how to upload photos. "Pix are worth 1000 words" around here, and it's been my experience that accompanying questions with photos gets much quicker responses than without.

s (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.php?searchid=5236698)earch "how to upload photos"

Would love to see your chairs and c-boards.

Ben Rivel
03-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Hello Mike! Welcome!

David Eisenhauer
03-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Welcome fellow ex Oaker. Lots of good stuff here. Photos are not that difficult here and I speak as a tech challenged retiree. You can do it and posted photos at SMC are rewarded with free lottery ticket advice.

Daniel O'Neill
03-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Welcome! Lots of good info & discussions here. I don't have the experience you do but I've learned a ton and everyone is kind & helpful.

Chris Padilla
03-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Glad to have you aboard, Mike! We like pictures...A LOT! Post away when you have a chance and don't shy from asking for help!

Mike Ontko
03-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Hi Mike. Nice to meet you, but I'm sorry to say that username ("Mike") has already been taken. You'll have to come up with something else ;) (just kidding, of course)

There's a saying on this board (mostly related to gear acquisition gloats, but it fits most situations): if there are no pictures, then it didn't happen.

Also - don't forget to add a location to your profile, so that folks can offer advice, news, or even help with gear that's in your general vicinity.

Jerry Olexa
03-17-2016, 3:54 PM
Welcome aboard Mike!!