PDA

View Full Version : Questions about irsauctions.com

Craig Stueve
03-15-2016, 8:11 PM
I am thinking about bidding on some items on irsauctions.com that are reasonably close to me. After reading some of the fine print I see this - "Anyone removing non-hand carriable lots must provide IRS with a certificate of insurance (“COI”) before purchased items can be removed." While the "non-hand carriable" portion of the statement seems to be very open to interpretation what experience do any of you have with this?

Also any other general advice or insight on the auctions and the buying process with irsauctions.com would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Dan Hintz
03-15-2016, 8:22 PM
Basically, if you have to back a truck up to get the item out of there, they want insurance... in case you drop it on your foot, crash the vehicle while on property, etc.

Martin Wasner
03-15-2016, 9:50 PM
I've never had to show anything I've picked up for myself. There's a couple other auction sites that have similar notations, but hasn't been a problem for me. I've always assumed that applied to professional truck services? I don't know.

Scott T Smith
03-15-2016, 9:55 PM
I've bought several pieces of large equipment via IRS auctions, and only had to show a COI one time.

Some observations.

They are set up primarily for industrial purchasers. There is a buyers premium, and if you're buying something heavy expect to pay a riggers fee to load it. They don't like trailers with sides; their expectations are that the purchases can be forked onto a flat deck trailer.

You need to overnight or wire the funds when you win an auction.

Craig Stueve
03-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the responses.

There are a couple of items I am interested in if the price is right. I have a smooth bottomed dump trailer that anything I am interested in can be sat in the back and winched forward between the sides. I am ready to wire the money if I manage to win a bid or two.

What has your experience been with them having people and or equipment there to help with loading? Every auction I have ever been to says that there will be no help and no equipment but there always seems to be lots of both.