PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for a mobile cabinet w/ router attached to a SawStop PCS175

Jose Arpide
03-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on making a mobile cabinet that is attached (or hte saw can sit on) to a SawStop PCS175 professional saw, to also hold a router lift. Currently I have a dedicated router table and a contractor saw, but I'm looking to get the SawStop PCS175 and combine my router lift into it.

I've seen projects done by others that had a cabinet with a router, but it was for a contractor Saw Stop (without the legs) built into the cabinet. With the Professional saw it is a full unit and can't be separated.

I was thinking of a torsion box (but that will raise the level of the saw) and I'm not sure if that will be a safety concern, but can also use a superstrut type of metal "frame' attache to the saw.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make a router cabinet that attaches to the SawStop PCS175, and can move with the saw, I'd appreciate any pointers/ideas.

Thank you.

Robert Chapman
03-15-2016, 7:01 AM
I have an Excalibur EXC 40-070 cast iron router table bolted to the right side of my Sawstop PCS174 with a Triton router in the table. It's not a cabinet but it works really well. The whole thing moves on the Sawstop Industrial base. Works for me.

Jay Runde
03-15-2016, 4:27 PM
Might check this out (http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/20764/ekho-mobile-workshop-portable-cabinet-saw-and-router-table). I found it one day looking to do the same thing you were. I haven't attempted to build it yet, but may in the future.

Steve Wilde
03-15-2016, 5:54 PM
Jose,
Here is a link to a thread from last year with what I did to my PCS, I've been very happy with it!
Steve
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?234797-Sawstop-Pcs-BenchDog-Promax

Jose Arpide
03-17-2016, 4:44 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions.
Robert, I was looking for a cast iron table top that would fit my Woodpecker lift, and the Excalibur table does just that. Thank you
Jay, that's a great setup in the link. I had seen that before, and was considering. If I do go through with this, I think I'll move the clamps from the front to the sides (I'd probably kick them too many times).
Steve, that's a nice setup you have there.. I'd like to make an outfeed table to my saw, nothing as good as what you have. I was originally considering the Bench Dog table , but it would not fit my plate/lift. I could send it in to the manufacturer for a $100 fee (plus shipping there and back, probably at least another $50), and replace my plate with the one that fits the Bench Dog, but it would add too much $$ if I can just work with Robert's Excalibur table above.
Again, thank you all for the ideas. Between this and making a workbench, I may have as many projects as I can handle for this summer (plus the list of things I need to make).
Thank you all.

Frankie Hunt
03-17-2016, 8:27 PM
I have the cast iron wing from Peach Tree Woodworking on my Unisaw. It has a 9-1/4" x 11-3/4" opening for your lift. (It also comes with an insert)

http://www.ptreeusa.com/rtr_router_tables.htm