PDA

View Full Version : need help

Ron Heiden
03-13-2016, 2:39 PM
Hi ,I have a 50 watt blue and white laser.I was running a project and the tube quit firing right in the middle of it.I used the pulse button,nothing.It sounds like everything is running but no tube action.I don't imagine there is any type of reset or inline fuse?I imagine it's the tube or PS.I don't have any idea where to start,I'm a drywaller no an electrician. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bert Kemp
03-13-2016, 3:12 PM
Ron check your door safety switches, check the water flow valve . Also maybe on the power supply theres a by pass button that will fire the laser that will tell you if the tube is working. Check all your wires make sure nothing is loose. There might be some fuses on the circut board check them.

Ron Heiden
03-13-2016, 3:49 PM
Bert how do I check the water valve? Forgot to add its a Chinese laser no door safety .

Bert Kemp
03-13-2016, 3:54 PM
locate the flow valve if its pumping water its probably ok

Bert how do I check the water valve? Forgot to add its a Chinese laser no door safety .

Ron Heiden
03-13-2016, 6:13 PM
Well the flow valve seems to be ok.I did find a power supply looks to be the same thing but is listed as a 40 watt not a 50watt as advertised in the sale brochure of this one.
From what ive seen on the forums the blue and white 50 watt is not that.Bert ive seen somewhere the length of a so called Chinese 50 watt
100mm is that it and a true 50 watt is something like 111 mm?Im happy with it the way it was prior to breaking down,so im going to buy
the parts that are in here already.I guess ill start with a power supply.Ive looked an Alibaba? gonna try to stay away from there.Any other
reccomendations as to where to buy chienese laser parts?

Bill George
03-13-2016, 6:35 PM
Have you checked for loose connections, and is water flowing and yes Chinese lasers most that go through customs and FDA certifications have door switches. I am curious as to why you purchased a laser with no support and your not a electrician or electronics person. I have nothing against drywall finishers, but maybe you can find a electrician you can trade work with to help fix your machine?

Ron Heiden
03-13-2016, 6:45 PM
water seems to be ok. Checked all connections they seem to be fine. Well I bought it off ebay from California, and before it was even delivered I was having trouble
with the seller.I emailed him earlier today,but realistically Im not expecting a response.Live and learn. Yes, I have a friend in town here that is an electrician but, I would rather
not bother him if I can help it. From what Ive seen in the posts its usually the ps or the tube.

Bert Kemp
03-13-2016, 7:50 PM
I would look at Rabbit Laser USA website they have all kinds of parts for Chinese lasers, also Lightobjects will have parts.

water seems to be ok. Checked all connections they seem to be fine. Well I bought it off ebay from California, and before it was even delivered I was having trouble
with the seller.I emailed him earlier today,but realistically Im not expecting a response.Live and learn. Yes, I have a friend in town here that is an electrician but, I would rather
not bother him if I can help it. From what Ive seen in the posts its usually the ps or the tube.

David Somers
03-13-2016, 9:14 PM
Ron,
On my Chinese laser there are a number of fuses scattered around the machine. There are a few in the plugs for the power cables, there are a few on the various circuit boards, etc. You may need to get a flashlight and perhaps a small mirror to look, but those are some other simple things to check.

Ron Heiden
03-13-2016, 9:36 PM
Thank you very much, Dave

John Noell
03-13-2016, 10:00 PM
+1 for Lightobjects dot com. Quick service and decent prices for Chinese laser parts.

Bill Reibelt
03-14-2016, 5:03 AM
Hi Ron: Also when checking the water flow check that there is no broken glass in the tube, Mine broke where the tube of glass came from the inner tube to the exit tube. Water flowed but not where it was needed to fire the laser. Something to add to the list. Also check for a circuit breaker at the back it may have shut down due to heat in the electrics. Hope all gets fixed soon. Bill

Jerome Stanek
03-14-2016, 7:37 AM
Google how to check a laser power supply.

Ron Heiden
03-14-2016, 5:29 PM
I found a fuse that was good that runs the whole machine. Everything works but doesn't fire. I started it up and when I shut it
down sometimes I can hear kind of a growl noise when the fan is stopping. Thats why Im leaning towards ps. As far as I can tell the tube
looks fine. I do appreciate the help. Dave, just out of curiosity you said you have a Chinese laser. Do you have magnets or safety devices
on any of the doors?

Ron Heiden
03-14-2016, 5:59 PM
Well, thanks for all the help. Seems to me that its probably the ps since when I shut it off sometimes
it makes kind of a growling noise. I cant see any cracks in the tube. I found one fuse and that's good. I appreciate the advice on the web sites for parts.
prices weren't as bad as I expected. Dave you mentioned you have a Chinese laser also? Just out of curiosity do you
have any magnets or any type of safety devices on any of the doors on yours?

Justin Moses
03-14-2016, 11:15 PM
bought a 60 watt laser when I recieved the packaged hooked everything up. Then I looked at the 24 volt lower supply to make sure it was on 110 then everything worked and shut off I went through the machine turns out the 24v power pack was on 220 they had the directions wrong. Anyway my question is can I just replace the power supply or is all the electrical components toast?

Bill George
03-15-2016, 9:30 AM
I found a fuse that was good that runs the whole machine. Everything works but doesn't fire. I started it up and when I shut it
down sometimes I can hear kind of a growl noise when the fan is stopping. Thats why Im leaning towards ps. As far as I can tell the tube
looks fine. I do appreciate the help. Dave, just out of curiosity you said you have a Chinese laser. Do you have magnets or safety devices
on any of the doors?

There are a lot of users with Chinese lasers on here, the only way to find out if yours has switches is look for them. Every Chinese machine is not built the same. You need to invest in a decent VOM meter and start checking. Your supplier should have a wiring diagram or perhaps there is one on the machine? If you just want to start replacing parts it will soon get expensive. I have been in the electrical / electronics and related fields since 1962.

David Somers
03-15-2016, 4:08 PM
Nope. They seem to assume I can resist the urge to place my head on the table while it is firing. <grin>

David Somers
03-15-2016, 4:11 PM
A silly thought u may already have looked at. Is there a key on the unit? If yes turn it. Your laser tube will be unpowered otherwise but the unit will take jobs and run as if it were. That is a handy tool by the way.