PDA

View Full Version : legacy ornamental mill router lift anyone install it on their legacy to add a z axis

dave churscial
03-13-2016, 2:03 PM
i bought a legacy ornamental mill model 1800 and it came with a legacy overhead router lift mounted on a legacy optional table. i was wondering if anyone has mounted this on their legacy ornamental mill to add a z axis. legacy had a z axis carriage assembly similar to the router lift but with different side brackets. both have a z axis acme threaded rod. i can't see why the router lift assembly can't fit on a legacy ornamental mill, was wondering if anyone has used either of these. i am probably going to mount it on my legacy ornamental mill model 500. i would appreciate your thoughts or comments or suggestions. thanks.

ed vitanovec
03-14-2016, 12:08 AM
I had the 1000EX and installed both the Z Axis and seperately the overhead Router. The Z axis is totally different from the Overhead Router.

dave churscial
03-19-2016, 1:17 PM
i am planning on installing the overhead router assembly on my legacy ornamental mill model 500 using the smaller dewalt 611 router. it looks like it should fit just nicely. what difference are you talking about, the router lift still functions like a z axis, i am probably going to make another mounting plate to mount the router lift assembly