PDA

View Full Version : How to make a nametag with logo?

Keith Downing
03-12-2016, 12:10 AM
How's something like this done? A nametag (out of something like rowmark) that is engraved but also has a multi-color logo?

Is it some type of CLTT or sublimation for the logo? Or something else?

Been trying to figure out the easiest way to do this for awhile. Most of the service industry or entertainment type places that do name tags now all seem to want a color logo.

Mike Null
03-12-2016, 7:31 AM
Keith

More than likely that is hot stamped. If you need a lot of blanks Johnson Plastics can do it for you. That one is probably a contract piece with a price so low you can't get there. I tried to sell my bank (US Bank) name tags but they were paying $1.65 each which is less than half what I'd charge.

http://www.johnsonplastics.com/fabrication-hotstamp

Jerome Stanek
03-12-2016, 7:39 AM
We do that by silk screening 2 or 3 colors.

Scott Shepherd
03-12-2016, 7:59 AM
We'd direct print it on the material. Did many of them this past week. Several different ways to do it all. We used to use CLTT, but on many of the substrates, especially brushed metal ones, it took too much heat to make it stick and that would cause a slight deformation around the edges. With direct printing, we can print on anything and there is no heat.

Keith Downing
03-12-2016, 2:41 PM
Thanks guys, I figured it probably wouldn't be cost effective for small runs. But I wanted to have an answer when someone asked.

Scott, what type of printer do you use to direct print on rowmark and plastics? Will it also print on metal? That was the other project I was considering.

Tony Lenkic
03-12-2016, 4:45 PM
Keith,

One more process that has not been suggested is pad printing.
A small unit can be purchased for under 2K.

Here is a one of them.

http://www.imprintor.com/prsetipr.html

John Noell
03-12-2016, 6:30 PM
And yet another way to do it is MagicTouch Ord paper. Print on it with a colour laser, then heat press on the back of clear acrylic.