PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Success!

Andy Haney
03-11-2016, 9:45 PM
Just a brief report about a very successful interaction with Kreg Tools. I broke a plastic part over the weekend and contacted the company early in the week. I was told they would ship out the "pair" and there would be no charge. In less than two days UPS rang my bell with an almost complete new system...way more than what I need to get back in operation. Class act.

Andy Haney

Matt Day
03-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Good to hear these stories! I had a similar experience with Incra.

John Lankers
03-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Same here with CS from Bosch, part was shipped on warranty via UPS.

Frederick Skelly
03-12-2016, 1:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know Andy. It's always good to know which companies will help when you need them.
Fred

Mike Cashman
03-12-2016, 7:36 PM
Good to know they stand behind their products and then go above & beyond to satisfy their customers.

Bruce Wrenn
03-12-2016, 8:51 PM
Broke the clamp pad on my R-3. Called Kreg, and they sent complete R-3, at no charge. A GREAT company to do business with!!! Now if I could find another clamp pad, I would have two R-3's.

Terry Hatfield
03-12-2016, 8:53 PM
Very nice. That is the way that it should be. Good to hear that Kreg is a company that recognizes the value of good customer service.

David Huston
03-12-2016, 8:54 PM
I had the same experience with Kreg as well. Don't recall the part but it was sent out promptly at no cost. Also had great experience with woodpecker. Bought a used Kreg lift that was not holding position. Shipped back to woodpecker and they fixed and returned at not charge. Both great companies!

Steve Peterson
03-13-2016, 12:04 PM
I would expect this kind of treatment from a company like Kreg. They charge a premium for higher quality parts and their customer service needs to be top notch or else they become "average". Average companies end up competing on price and quality suffers, including the quality of customer service.

Steve

Tim Bridge
03-13-2016, 1:03 PM
I have had excellent service from Leatherman. Their warranty service is exceptional.
Twice I have broken the spring on the scissors. Leatherman replaced both of these multitools within one week.
Just fill out the form and send it in with the tool and a replacement was received within a week.

The first one wasn't made anymore so they upgraded to the latest model.

Ellery Becnel
03-13-2016, 1:25 PM
I recently had the same situation with Kreg. After contacting them and explaining that I just wanted to purchase one item, and not the complete setup. I have an obsolete starter set. I wanted to upgrade.They sent me the whole setup, free. I was shocked. I called back to thank the gentleman for this.

He actually thanked me for thanking them. He also said that they do things to help customers all the time, and rarely get a thank you. Very sad to hear this. If someone, or some company does something nice for us we should stop and thank them, and then move on. It is good to hear that other companies are servicing their customers well. Thanks for posting.

Ellery Becnel

Mark R Webster
03-14-2016, 3:33 AM
I have had two separate cases in the last year where Kreg provided wonderful customer service.

glenn bradley
03-14-2016, 8:29 AM
My on e and only need for service on a Kreg item could not have been a better experience. They are one of those outfits that restores my faith in customer service.

chase standifer
03-14-2016, 7:49 PM
I have had two similiar circumstances recently as well. I broke a kreg drill bit in my K5, thought it might be a defective bit or something so I bought a new one and promptly broke it as well. Kreg sent me two new bits no questions asked.

My Woodpeckers precision framing square took tumble off the bench recently knocking it out of square. They had me send it in and called me about a week later saying that it was repaired, confirmed square and on its back.

Great experience from both companies

Ben Rivel
03-15-2016, 12:16 AM
Nice! That is great to hear!