PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cut Paravan Designs?

Mohammed Issa
03-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in search of room dividers, also known as paravans, that we can laser cut. I can't find anything on this website, maybe I missed an old thread?

i am looking for the actual designs if they are already out there. Here is a picture of what I mean.

My laser is only 60cm x 90cm, so I'll have to find a cool design that takes that into account or divide the design into smaller pieces. After engraving, the pieces can be easily attached to a main frame.

Bert Kemp
03-11-2016, 3:17 PM
wouldn't it be more fun to design your own? pretty easy to do in corel

John Noell
03-11-2016, 3:22 PM
Years ago (maybe 4 or 5 years) there was a guy posting here who was doing such things. I don't have time right now to search old threads but I remember he had beautiful designs.

Braden Todd
03-11-2016, 3:53 PM
I would love to do these too! I envision a nice set or two for my yard cut from steel.

How would one go about designing these in Corel?

David Somers
03-11-2016, 4:22 PM
Mohammed and Braden,

You might start out with a sketchpad and a pencil and do a very rough sketch of a pattern that appeals to you. It could be a pattern you saw in some other context, or something in nature, or just straight from your head. You can refine it from there on paper if you want, and at some point redraw it in Corel, or scan it and use that as a background layer in Corel to help you building the pattern in Corel.

An alternative would be to look for stock patterns. You might browse through Pinterest.com for ideas, or other places on the web, but obviously don't plagiarize designs if you intend to sell the final product. You may also find ideas in various stock art services. Those will tend to come with fairly clear use statements that would spell out how you can use the idea for your own profit if that is your goal.

Start with a pencil and sketchbook though. Cheap. Easy to do when you have short periods of time to play with. Give it time and your ideas should start to develop as you put them on paper and give them time to churn a bit. Your drawings dont have to be good.

Tony Lenkic
03-11-2016, 4:24 PM
Years ago (maybe 4 or 5 years) there was a guy posting here who was doing such things. I don't have time right now to search old threads but I remember he had beautiful designs.

You are thinking of Onur from Turkey.

Mike Null
03-11-2016, 4:35 PM
Tony

Great memory. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?122253-Acrylic-Wood-Seperator-and-some-glass-works

Take a look at the designs in the fill tool in post script designs.

Bert Kemp
03-11-2016, 5:18 PM
several ways to design your own pending on how easy or complicated you want to make it but start with some basic shape in corel, sq's , circles , polygons , triangles what ever and arrange them in a way that you like. and then cut them out.333578
this took a couple mins just to give you an idea but the possibilities are endles

I would love to do these too! I envision a nice set or two for my yard cut from steel.

How would one go about designing these in Corel?

Maria DeMott
03-12-2016, 6:36 PM
There are some laser ready files available on Ebay that could be used for room dividers. Just do a search on cnc laser files.

I have no affiliation with any of the sellers I just happened to see them and thought they very interesting.

Best wishes in your search!

Mohammed Issa
03-14-2016, 8:28 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I look forward to posting what I will make, in a few weeks.