PDA

View Full Version : An apology

Patrick Chase
03-10-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm posting to quickly apologize the engaging in an utterly pointless flamewar in a recent grinding thread, and also for not showing George the level of respect he deserves. Even if I were right, there were and are better ways to express my arguments.

Mike Henderson
03-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I must have missed that thread but it's good of you to apologize if you felt you were wrong.

Mike

Daniel Rode
03-10-2016, 10:30 PM
It's easy to get carried away in the heat of debate. It's even easier to justify to those missteps and so ignore them. But it takes a measure courage to recognize the imperfections in ourselves and further to seek to repair the damage.

Patrick Chase
03-10-2016, 10:34 PM
I must have missed that thread but it's good of you to apologize if you felt you were wrong.

Mike

Oh, I was wrong. There's no doubt about that. It was enough that I self-imposed a 24 hr cooling off period.

Joe Bailey
03-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Patrick - you're a class act.

Tim Cooper Louisiana
03-11-2016, 2:50 AM
I thought you were both pretty respectful of each other. I think it's obvious that you were both passionate, and that's a good thing. I think this forum is filled with class acts, and I'm sure that no feelings were irrevocably harmed. I do wish that George would have used the term "whippersnapper".

Tony Zaffuto
03-11-2016, 5:09 AM
I must have either missed the thread or else viewed as far less than a "flame war" than just a somewhat "spirited" discussion. After all, I was raised in an Italian/Sicilian family and all discussions began as quiet whispers and ended as roaring crescendos. Innocent passerby's would cross the street, holding the hands over their ears, maybe questioning us later what was going on. Nothing, well maybe not nothing, 'cause sometimes it was as severe as using the wrong grater on the parmesan-regiano.

Frederick Skelly
03-11-2016, 6:53 AM
Thank you Patrick!
Fred

george wilson
03-11-2016, 8:22 AM
I appreciate the apology,but perhaps an equally important issue is wether it will recur.

Brian Ashton
03-12-2016, 12:11 AM
I appreciate the apology,but perhaps an equally important issue is wether it will recur.

At this point, and Pat extending an olive branch I'd say that's something you're going to have to answer.

Patrick Chase
03-12-2016, 2:10 AM
I'm the new guy, and the onus is on me to find a way to contribute constructively or not at all.

I don't think George is obliged to do/say anything to be quite blunt. It certainly wasn't my intention to put him on the spot with my apology, and I'd prefer that others refrain as well.