PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Gravograph M40DV Rotary Engraver that can help?

Wayne Grecco
03-10-2016, 12:43 PM
To all,

I know this isn't laser engraving related but I know some of you have rotary engravers as well. I just received a Gravograph M40DV rotary engraver that is a used machine. I looked at the manual that came with it and the manual is basically useless. I have no clue how to put the pieces together or even use the software.

I even went online (youtube) but there really isn't any videos that show how to assemble / set up the machine or really get started with the machine.

Is there anyone that has the machine that is in the SYRACUSE NY area that would be willing to help me out? I would be willing to pay for your time if you could help me get this up and running.

Thanks
Wayne

Mark Sipes
03-10-2016, 1:12 PM
Does this machine require a dongle (pass Key)

I would call Hansen I have no doubt New Hermes( Gravograph will not assist.

www.hansensupply.com/.../file/id/53/m40_deep_vice_specs.pdf

Sorry can't help

Tony Lenkic
03-10-2016, 1:15 PM
Wayne,

Frank at Chewbarka dog tags is certified Gravograph dealer. Give him a call.

Mike Null
03-10-2016, 4:27 PM
Have a look at these videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXC69BTIHQ0

Wayne Grecco
03-10-2016, 4:56 PM
Thanks guys...

Mike, I saw those couple of videos but they do not go over unpacking and how to set up / assemble the machine and the cylindrical attachment etc. They don't really go over how to start an engraving from the beginning. They do help for a few things though so thank you for those videos

Wayne

Nick Michalares
03-11-2016, 10:40 PM
To all,

I know this isn't laser engraving related but I know some of you have rotary engravers as well. I just received a Gravograph M40DV rotary engraver that is a used machine. I looked at the manual that came with it and the manual is basically useless. I have no clue how to put the pieces together or even use the software.

Send me some pix of what you have with a phone number and I can probably help you. You do need the USB dongle to run the software which you hopefully have. Gravotech will most certainly help you with it, unlike some other engraving companies who charge for service after the warranty runs out. Must not have tried them recently, huh MARK SIPES? :D

engravernick@hotmail.com
Nick

Mike Null
03-12-2016, 7:35 AM
Nick

What's the secret code word you use to get Gravotech to give you a civil answer?

Nick Michalares
03-12-2016, 8:34 AM
Nick

What's the secret code word you use to get Gravotech to give you a civil answer?

Mike,
There are quite a few different machines available and like anything else, every tech may not have all the answers for all situations on the spot. It is my understanding that the situation should be followed up with until an answer is reached. If you have any issues with it, or don't like the answer you have gotten, contact me and I should be able to find something out for you.:cool: I certainly don't know everything, despite engraving since the seventies, but I usually can contact someone who does.
Nick

Nick Michalares
04-11-2016, 1:10 PM
Whatever happened with your M40?

Wayne Grecco
05-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Hi Nick,

Sorry haven't answered sooner but I haven't been on this site in awhile. Regarding my M40, its sitting on the work bench and I haven't really used it. I'm the type that needs to SEE how things work in order for me to understand what I need to do. Unfortunately they want about 1,000.00 or more to have someone come out for training. They did say they would set up some type of online training for me cheaper but I don't know if that would be worth the money as I am not sure it will be easy to understand how things are done, settings, how to set the bits etc... So not sure what to do....