PDA

View Full Version : Specialty bandsaw saw blade questions

Anthony Whitesell
03-09-2016, 9:06 PM
I while (long while) ago I purchase a 1/2" and a 3/4" woodslicer and 3/8" woodturners blade from Highland Woodworking. I just got to try them this weekend. I can't seem to get the woodslicers to cut straight, they only seem to want to cut a circle. Not just a bad lead angle but an actual circle. It appears to be about a 18" radius. Any way to correct for this?

On the woodturner blade, as the blade passes over the table, it twists left and right. When rotating the wheel by hand, you can see the blade change direction left to right or or to left about every 12". Does anyone know if that is that by design or is there something wrong with the blade?

Jerry Thompson
03-10-2016, 6:25 AM
Once I watched Alex Snodgrass' video on YouTube and tuned up my 14'' Delta BS as he demonstrated I have had no problems. I have to remember to feed slow enough for the sawdust to clear the gullets. I also made a re-saw fence that is held in place by rare earth magnets that does the job.
Give his video a look and see if, when you tune your BS, that things don't improve.

Anthony Whitesell
03-10-2016, 7:58 AM
I believe the issue resides solely with this three blades. I believe the bandsaw to be very well tuned. It works perfectly with the Timeberwolf, Sterling, and Lenox blades I have on hand. I have had no issues in the past and no issues after removing the woodslicer blade.