PDA

View Full Version : Fan curve of RL250/300/350 and JKF

Albert Lee
03-09-2016, 4:25 PM
Further from my recent post about power supply, it is more economical to upgrade my mains power than getting a standalone generator.

After the power is upgraded I am going to upgrade the dust collector/extractor.

Thought some of you may need these specs and curves:

I am deciding between Felder RL, Alko and JKF indoor units, they all look similar

Here are Felder RL fan curves and spec

Here are the JKF JK MCF spec and fan curves

I will upload the Alko fan curve once I have it from the agent.

I am inclined to go with Felder, the agent is less than 2 mile from where I am. Closest agent for ALKO is on the other side of the Tasmanian sea. JKF is just too low pressure.

The RL350 has ability to "Power and speed adjustment through pressure measurement" I may just go with the Felder, as I dont always need 7000m3/hr, ability to adjust the power and speed is a bonus.

Mike Heidrick
03-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I think it was Gary that had a heck of a time with his RL motor.

Why not just get a proven cyclone system?

Rick Fisher
03-10-2016, 3:29 AM
If you see an RL-300 or an ALKO- 250 in person, you won't really compare them to cyclones. Its a different kettle of fish.

I have a single phase RL and had issues but honestly, if I had ordered it 3 phase, it would be fine.

Albert, the number one question I would ask is.. " Do you run sanders " .. if you do ... have them explain and show you how the filter cleaning is done. If a seller says " well, filters are a problem on all machines, or anything like that, walk away"

I think the RL-250 is about 10hp ? It has pneumatic filter cleaning ? drape style filters ? $20,000 ? I've looked at the AL-KO in detail, ( AlKO 250) .. I think its really top notch, but your comparing the absolute best to the fella who also think's he's the absolute best.

How is the filter cleaned ?
Fire suppression ?
I think Alko offers variable speed as well..

The guy who is proud of his filter cleaning method.. that is who I would be buying from ..

Is the ALKO about $25,000 ?

Rick Fisher
03-10-2016, 3:42 AM
You might also look at the Vaccuflow lineup from Hocker Polytechnik

http://www.hoecker-polytechnik.com/en/products/deduster-mobile-suction-devices/vacumobil-250-300.html

I've not seen one of their machines in person, but they really promote the Jet cleaning system and the vibrator cleaning system. They are preachy about cleaning.

The Vaccuflow 300 has a 7.5KW motor at 50hz ..

Thats 12hp ..

There is a Vaccuflow 350 which appears to be about 17hp at 60hz..

One of the upsides of these companies is that if your looking at that level of machine, you'll get whatever you want.

Albert Lee
03-10-2016, 1:39 PM
I have considered Cyclone many times but I still prefer something out of Alko/Felder...

Albert Lee
03-10-2016, 1:40 PM
I think it was Gary that had a heck of a time with his RL motor.

Why not just get a proven cyclone system?

I have considered Cyclone many times but I still prefer something out of Alko/Felder...

Albert Lee
03-10-2016, 1:56 PM
If you see an RL-300 or an ALKO- 250 in person, you won't really compare them to cyclones. Its a different kettle of fish.

I have a single phase RL and had issues but honestly, if I had ordered it 3 phase, it would be fine.

Albert, the number one question I would ask is.. " Do you run sanders " .. if you do ... have them explain and show you how the filter cleaning is done. If a seller says " well, filters are a problem on all machines, or anything like that, walk away"

I think the RL-250 is about 10hp ? It has pneumatic filter cleaning ? drape style filters ? $20,000 ? I've looked at the AL-KO in detail, ( AlKO 250) .. I think its really top notch, but your comparing the absolute best to the fella who also think's he's the absolute best.

How is the filter cleaned ?
Fire suppression ?
I think Alko offers variable speed as well..

The guy who is proud of his filter cleaning method.. that is who I would be buying from ..

Is the ALKO about $25,000 ?

Rick, is the shaker motor better than pulse cleaning if I run sanders? I have been told various stories.

The RL250 is 10hp, it uses compressed air for cleaning and has dual fire suppression (think you either choose water or extinguisher), drape style filter? not sure, but a basic RL300 here will cost $17,000 USD. RL250 is $14,000 USD. The ALKO250 is $17,000 USD after tax. I am yet to get a quote back from Alko for the 300 unit.

Upon further investigation I found out there are many German manufacturer who does these styles of filters, one of them even offer dual cleaning method, Pulse cleaning AND shaker motor (Spanex)