PDA

View Full Version : Planer Adjustment

Daniel O'Neill
03-09-2016, 9:42 AM
So I got a "good deal" on a delta lunchbox. I've taken it mostly apart and put it back together cleaned & greased a bunch of parts. One thing I cannot figure out though is that the body that holds the rollers, motor & blades (carriage I think it's called) seems to drop after the wood exits the last roller. When it does this it will pinch the board and I can't get it out without marring the board. So it drops pretty hard. I have not adjusted the rollers or done anything to them but I made the out-feed table more flat thinking that I would be able to get the board out easier and that didn't help. I do get front end snipe on the test boards so that leads me to think it's something with the second roller either being too stiff or maybe the springs are worn so that the carriage has to be lower to provide the pressure in order to outfeed properly. I'm not sure but I was just curious if anyone had any good ideas.

Thanks
Daniel

Edit: It's a Delta 22-555

Malcolm McLeod
03-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Not much in the way of ideas, but I got a good deal on Delta too. Used it to build an island counter top in black walnut...sort of. Rebuilt it twice in the course of that one project. Finally installed 220V plug in my garage and got my father's Belsaw out of storage.

Guy I 'sold' the Delta to got a REALLY good deal. I truly hope you have better luck.