PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
03-07-2016, 8:19 AM
7 Mar 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
I spent part of the weekend working on work stuff for the day job and one of my long time customers brought me a chair to repair. For some odd reason, people want chairs repaired and that's not what I'm good at. Maybe I'm supposed to learn how to do chairs????

We are expecting a LOT of rain this week here and I'm not looking forward to that at all. I know we need "some" rain but not as much as they are talking about.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

John Towns
03-07-2016, 9:03 AM
We took Friday off and went out for breakfast, then up to Hanover, PA to a music store. Afterwards drove over to Gettysburg to take a look through the Outlets.

Saturday was TAX DAY. Finished them and submitted them.

Sunday afternoon I finally installed the 3 LED shop lights in my garage to replace some aging (and cheap) florescent lights. Wow! What a difference. I am very impressed with them.

John

Jim Becker
03-07-2016, 9:57 AM
In the shop work was limited to spraying EM6000 on the drawer boxes and top for my buffet project. Otherwise, I was outside working on preparations for Professor Dr. SWMBO's new beekeeping operation, including felling a few trees, removing a whole bunch of wild raspberries and preparing the foundation for the hives. And, of course, celebrating the 20th anniversary of my 39th birthday. :D

I'm very much looking forward to this week where we're expecting to have a couple days at 76º F.... Spring has Sprung.

Mike Ontko
03-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Spring is just around the corner in the Pacific Northwest as we shift from gray skies and rain with temps in the 40s to gray skies and rain with temps in the 50s. I was able to take advantage of a brief break in the clouds on Saturday and get in my first mowing of the lawn since November. Won't be long now till I take a break from the shop to get the garden tilled and planted.

I did manage to mill up all of the CVG Doug fir that I'll be using for my latest bookcase project (pics below), and then got the glue-up done for the two side panels. The two back panels will go together this week and I should be starting on the cherry frame pieces. Hopefully, this one doesn't take 6 months.

William A Johnston
03-07-2016, 1:13 PM
I spent this weekend finishing up on moving the dust collection system and wiring to my jointer, planer and sander. With the purchase of the 20" planer I decided to move all equipment back a few feet. What a task, 2 weekends cleaning up and up and down the ladder will wear an old man out. I have yet to fire up the planer as I need to check oil and adjust in feed out feed tables but I am going to get this taken care of in the next couple of days and see how she runs.

It sure is nice to be able to walk around equipment with dust collection and wiring hanging from the ceiling. I have a 5" trunk line from my collector then drop to 4" for the sander and jointer and 5" to the planer. I plan on upgrading to a 5" line to my Unisaw in the near future and this will also drop from the ceiling and I have electrical for the Unisaw in piping under the slab.

Have a great week, were expecting a lot of rain in Arkansas this week.

Bill

John Sanford
03-07-2016, 2:22 PM
Drilled holdfast/dog holes. Sanded w/ 80 grit. Will put a single coat of shellac on the top tomorrow, and then supplement with whatever finishes are leftover from projects.

With the holdfast holes, it is now fully useable.

At some point in the future I will add storage to the base, and reshape the leg vise chop. I have considered adding Workbench casters from Rockler, but I fear they may not be up to handling the weight, especially after storage is added.

Length: 108”
Width: 29 13/16”
Height: 35 3/4”
Thickness: 4 1/4”

Front Slab Width: 16 1/4”
Rear Slab Width: 11 1/4”
Dogholes: 3/4”

Legs: 5 5/8” x 3 5/8”
Weight: unknown. Heavy.

Sean Troy
03-07-2016, 4:33 PM
Shop is finally clean and organized. next step is to clean and adjust the tools. I always enjoy this part of the shop life. It's very relaxing listening to the radio, windows open with warm spring air and spending time taking care of my tools.

Cody Colston
03-07-2016, 6:37 PM
I got my oldest dauther married off Saturday. Her husband captains a charter fishing boat and they were married on the back of a yacht at Surfside Beach, Tx. It was a nice ceremony and reception at the yacht club. I was thinking about my woodworking projects most of the three days I was down there. :D

Earl McLain
03-07-2016, 6:58 PM
Besides a chance to "baby sit" our grandkids, i found time to do a little shopping...:D

daryl moses
03-07-2016, 7:05 PM
I didn't get to play in the wood shop this weekend. The LOML pimped me out to one of her friends to install a new hardwood floor. It was just a 15X20 room but the hardwood was just 2 1/4 inches wide. Took two days from start to finish and my knees and back are killing me!! Would of been much quicker and easier if the boards had been wider.
Room looks great though, thank goodness for pneumatic flooring nailers.

Brett Luna
03-08-2016, 9:46 AM
I finished up a project for my hairdresser/wife's collection of hair care products:

http://www.brettluna.com/img/s2/v58/p1808868905-2.jpg (http://www.brettluna.com/img/s2/v58/p1808868905-5.jpg)