PDA

View Full Version : A Creeker Visit Today

Dick Parr
09-13-2005, 6:40 PM
Chris Barton was passing through Knoxville today and stopped by to talk. :)

I'm sure glad he did as we had a great visit not to mention that we also went to lunch. ;) I gave Chris the 25 cent tour and then back into the shop and we talked about turning. We exchanged some blanks and then went to lunch.

It was a great visit and Chris will be stopping by again as he goes through Knoxville often.

Thanks for the mahogany blank and great visit Chris. ;)

Dennis Peacock
09-13-2005, 7:01 PM
Congrats Dick.....It's nice to have a visit from a fellow ww'er......

Hey...your shop looks a little too clean there Dick!!! :p ;)

Dick Parr
09-13-2005, 9:45 PM
It's not that clean Dennis :rolleyes: My 14 year old craftsman shop vac burned up yesterday and I can't clean it as good as I would like to now. :( Have to wait until next month to get a new shop vac.

Since re-designing my DC system a couple months ago, I no longer have a floor sweep. So I have to do it the old fashion way now. :eek: Way to much like work. :D

Chris Barton
09-14-2005, 7:44 AM
Thanks for the tour as well as your hospitality Dick. Dick and his wife Mickie are the nicest people on earth! I had a great time visiting Dicks shop which is very, very nice. And, it is as clean as it looks! It is always great to visit and meet new friends who share common interests. Additionally, I learned so much from Dick yesterday and got an opportunity to see many of his turnings and other woodworking projects. Dick was also very nice to share some of his turning blanks with me as well. I look forward to our next visit when we will have to include a round of golf on the agenda!

Thanks Again!

Michael Stafford
09-14-2005, 7:55 AM
Thanks for the tour as well as your hospitality Dick. Dick and his wife Mickie are the nicest people on earth! I had a great time visiting Dicks shop which is very, very nice. And, it is as clean as it looks!

I will ditto that Chris. Sometimes I wonder if Dick doesn't send his woodworking out!!!!!! :p :D

Kurt Aebi
09-14-2005, 8:07 AM
Dick & Chris!

Looks like you two had a real nice visit! I wish I was closer, so I could stop by and see Dick - he sure seems like a real genuine good guy!