PDA

View Full Version : A few Job Control problems (not cutting)

Raphael Weil
03-04-2016, 5:32 PM
Hey guys,

2 months into my new Speedy 300, still learning the ropes. I'm running job control 10.4 for starters, and noticed there's a 10.5. How do I actually get 10.5? I've googled high and low and can't find a thing on that.

Next, I've seemingly lost the ability to cut (it worked back in week 1 when I tried it a bit). I've seen several of these threads before, so I'll provide the info everyone typically asks:

-process mode: standard + colour
-dpi 500 (have also tried 250)
-to eliminate the idea of it being my file, I've tried this using the valentine's keychain file they provide (http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/Laser-Samples/Wood/Pages/valentines-day-key-chain.aspx)
-I'm most certainly set up to cut those reds and blues. If I raster the blacks it's no problem. If I switch the black to cut instead of engrave, it does not see it. If I switch the red from cut to engrave it sees it. If I switch back, it does not.

I'm quite stumped since the file certainly has the correct stroke size for cutting. There must be one last setting I'm missing, or a bug. Thanks all.

Mark Sipes
03-04-2016, 7:27 PM
ftp://ftp.troteclaser.com/Job_Control/Job_Control_X/
Personal message

Scott Shepherd
03-04-2016, 7:36 PM
Be very careful updating job control versions without contacting Trotec. Some versions require firmware updates and last thing you need is to brick your machine for the weekend.

Gary Hair
03-04-2016, 10:01 PM
I was lucky enough to have my rep here this week and while he was here he updated the firmware and installed the new Job Control. Everything went smoothly and works just fine. There are a lot of things updated and fixed in the new version, although it seemed to work fine for me before.

Graham Taylor
03-05-2016, 12:32 PM
I have just updated and the support guys didit remotly - you just need to switch it on and lift the lid while they do it and then reboot at the end so they can verify it has worked.

Raphael Weil
03-05-2016, 9:25 PM
Thanks Mark

Anyone have any ideas on the cutting issues I'm having?

Raphael Weil
03-05-2016, 9:48 PM
Seems like I can't get it to cut just hairlines either. I typically print from pdf's (which worked fine before). I do recall doing an adobe update, I wonder if it could be something like that.

Neville Stewart
03-06-2016, 4:51 AM
Seems like I can't get it to cut just hairlines either. I typically print from pdf's (which worked fine before). I do recall doing an adobe update, I wonder if it could be something like that.
Send me a file engravingsolutions@icloud.com

Raphael Weil
03-06-2016, 8:12 AM
Send me a file engravingsolutions@icloud.com

Thanks Neville :)

Raphael Weil
03-07-2016, 6:45 PM
my rep gave me this for 10.5.2 btw guys. Enjoy

http://filedownload.troteclaser.com/jobcontrol/JobControl_10_5_2.zip