PDA

View Full Version : epilog resale value

Dillyn Benjamin
03-04-2016, 2:34 PM
Good day,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to price my used laser for sale. It is a 75 watt epilog ledgend ext from 2007. It was used for Rubber Stamps until 2013 when we replaced the tube and then switched to a trotec speedy 300, our core business is Rubber Stamps and the Trotec is perfect for that. Since then it has been sitting mostly dormant and used as a table. It has been used for a little wood, plastic and cermark engraving, I expect less than 200 hours on the tube.

I have found Ebay listings from $20,000-30,000 US which seems absurdly high and tool resale prices as low as $6,000 US. We are in Canada

Thanks!

Regards
Dillyn

Keith Downing
03-04-2016, 2:45 PM
What was/is the price for a new unit?

I can't tell you what someone else will pay, but when I'm looking at used tools and machines I'll usually pay 70-80% of the new price if it is pristine condition. 60-70% if it's in good condition and relatively new (less than 6 or 7 years old). But if it's something that shows some wear and has no manufacture warranty, I won't seriously consider it unless it's closer to 50-60% of the price of the new unit.

Just my $.02. Others in your area might be able to give you more information on supply and demand there. And I'm sure there are plenty here that have sold their older lasers when upgrading.

Ivan Shuliak
03-04-2016, 2:58 PM
$12 000 - $14 000 I would say

Mark Sipes
03-04-2016, 4:36 PM
Wow sight unseen......

Keith Winter
03-04-2016, 5:16 PM
As as a point of reference, those used Epilogue and Universal lasers on eBay have been there for over 9 months, every week they come up in searches. Clearly they are marked way too high. The owners are pricing them almost as high as a new unit, that's why they don't sell. I think Keith's remarks regarding pricing are spot on.

Good day,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to price my used laser for sale. It is a 75 watt epilog ledgend ext from 2007. It was used for Rubber Stamps until 2013 when we replaced the tube and then switched to a trotec speedy 300, our core business is Rubber Stamps and the Trotec is perfect for that. Since then it has been sitting mostly dormant and used as a table. It has been used for a little wood, plastic and cermark engraving, I expect less than 200 hours on the tube.

I have found Ebay listings from $20,000-30,000 US which seems absurdly high and tool resale prices as low as $6,000 US. We are in Canada

Thanks!

Regards
Dillyn