PDA

View Full Version : Water saving Faucets>> Like watching GRASS GROW!

Clarence Martin
03-04-2016, 12:33 PM
I have me own private water well. Get about 3 gallons per minute out of the Kitchen Faucet WITHOUT THE FILTER. As soon as I put that new screen on the faucet, flow drops down to 1.1 Gallons per Minute. Well is 70 years old and going strong. Next door neighbor has a new well and he has 30 gallons per minute at the well head.

Point is, why do they force people to buy only water saving faucets ?

It's like watching GRASS GROW!!!

Mike Henderson
03-04-2016, 12:43 PM
On most of the water saving faucets that I've dealt with, you can remove the restrictor. Sometimes it's a rubber gasket with a limited size hole in it. You may have that as part of your "screen". Whatever method they use to restrict the flow, try to find it and remove or enlarge it.

Here in California we're very conscious of water usage and use water restrictors on all showers and faucets. Maybe I've just gotten accustomed to it but it doesn't bother me at all.

Mike

Matt Day
03-04-2016, 2:09 PM
It only is noticeable when filling a large pot or something. Even then, I'm happy to use the low flow fixtures to conserve water.

Lee Schierer
03-04-2016, 8:04 PM
If you are on a private well, your pressure may be too low to push through the filter. If the aerator is causing the problem, it can be replaced with a higher flow spray head or removed completely. I don't think Western New York has water restrictions of any kind so you are not breaking any laws by removing the low flow devices.

Phil Mueller
03-04-2016, 8:21 PM
In most applications, it just doesn't make sense. If you need 2 quarts of water to boil pasta there's no savings...just takes three times as long to fill the pot. The only place I see it may make sense is the shower. And even then, it takes twice as long to rinse soap out of your hair...so where's the savings there?