PDA

View Full Version : Bosch gcm12sd

John Teichman
03-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi i have this bosch miter saw and am having a problem with adjustment of the miter detent system it seems that when i tweak the adj. on one side it throws the other side off, it seems to cut fine if i adj. the left side only and use that side only i was wondering if some one other than me is better at this and can explain procedure to me

Patrick Harper
03-03-2016, 6:37 PM
How are you checking squareness? I'm assuming your setting from 90 degrees. If you're using a square on either side of the fence, it's possible that the fence isn't 100% straight.

John Teichman
03-03-2016, 8:23 PM
How are you checking squareness? I'm assuming your setting from 90 degrees. If you're using a square on either side of the fence, it's possible that the fence isn't 100% straight.

that is how i am doing it i guess i will have to ck fence some way there is no adj. on the fence itself i think i will have to shim behind fence brackets or use a auxiliary fence and shim behind that i hate to have to do that

Chris Parks
03-04-2016, 9:17 PM
The fence not being straight sounds feasible but try another square or check the accuracy of the one you are using. There are a few manuals, basic user and a more complete one for adjustments etc downloadable from any Bosch website.

Don Sundberg
03-05-2016, 7:21 AM
I have learned to never assume the fence is straight from side to side on a new (to me) miter saw. I had to adjust my old Dewalt 704 when I got it as it wouldn't give me a square cut when only referencing one side. Now it works great. On that saw I had to loosen one side of the fence and spring it straight and tighten it while springing it straight.