PDA

View Full Version : Dadgumit, I played it all wrong.

Tim Cooper Louisiana
03-01-2016, 11:24 PM
I needed a bandsaw and a drill press for my shop. Yesterday, I see that acme tools is having a leap year sale with 10 percent off any one tool. I spend the whole day debating on a Jet 17" drill press or a Laguna bandsaw. I changed my mind 20 times as to which direction to go. Then I see a post that said Jet's annual 10 - 15% off sale starts March 4th. Woohoo decision is made! I ordered the Laguna 14bx bandsaw.

I was was kind of bummed when I visited acme tools website today and see they started a 10% off Laguna stuff today. Then I see a link to Jets sale about an hour ago.....doesn't include the drill press I was wanting. My decisions yesterday were completely horrible.

David Eisenhauer
03-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Ah blow it off. You can live with it. 5 years from now, it will be long over with and you will be cutting up the parish with the BS you ordered and have some drill press or another in the shop to use. Don't beat yourself up, you thought about it, made a plan with the info out there and did something. It's easy to stuck on zero because you can't decide and it's easy to second guess. Blow it off and move n.

Malcolm Schweizer
03-02-2016, 5:29 AM
Apparently I'm the one who played it wrong- I have an ancient drill press with a broken switch, and a cheap Rigid bandsaw. You, sir, played it better. Nice choices.

Daniel O'Neill
03-02-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm in the same boat with a planer. I just created some price alerts and noticed that the price history for the planer I want is significantly lower than the going price for the last few months. (6ish months). It's a hard battle. I agree a little with David. Once you pull the trigger it's best to walk away as best as you can. (I just refinanced end of Jan and rates have plunged ever since :'( lol )

Mike Cutler
03-02-2016, 10:51 AM
I needed a bandsaw and a drill press for my shop. Yesterday, I see that acme tools is having a leap year sale with 10 percent off any one tool. I spend the whole day debating on a Jet 17" drill press or a Laguna bandsaw. I changed my mind 20 times as to which direction to go. Then I see a post that said Jet's annual 10 - 15% off sale starts March 4th. Woohoo decision is made! I ordered the Laguna 14bx bandsaw.

I was was kind of bummed when I visited acme tools website today and see they started a 10% off Laguna stuff today. Then I see a link to Jets sale about an hour ago.....doesn't include the drill press I was wanting. My decisions yesterday were completely horrible.

Tim
You may want to look at your State consumer protection laws. Some states have a time limit before an advertised sale, and selling at normal prices, to protect the consumer from things like this. Buy one day at full price, goes on sale the next day. They have to disclose that a sale is going to be happening.
You might also just mention it to Acme Tool, they may credit you the 10% on another tool purchase, or refund you the 10%. it's worth asking, or looking into.
None the less, Congrat's on your new Bandsaw.

Tim Cooper Louisiana
03-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Tim
You may want to look at your State consumer protection laws. Some states have a time limit before an advertised sale, and selling at normal prices, to protect the consumer from things like this. Buy one day at full price, goes on sale the next day. They have to disclose that a sale is going to be happening.
You might also just mention it to Acme Tool, they may credit you the 10% on another tool purchase, or refund you the 10%. it's worth asking, or looking into.
None the less, Congrat's on your new Bandsaw.

Thanks! It's my first bandsaw and I hope I made a good decision. It's the 14 BX 2.5hp 220v. I think I'll be doing a fair amount of resawing, so went with the bigger motor.

Mike Heidrick
03-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Have someone else in the house order the drill press. I doubt Acme will turn down a second sale. Or order it for your neighbor who shares the same shop delivery address ;)

Jim Becker
03-02-2016, 9:27 PM
If you ordered a product and it went on sale that quickly/soon after the order, I'd be on the horn with the vendor negotiating for the better price faster than you can say "too much sawdust"... ;)