PDA

View Full Version : Woodnet

Kenny hill
03-01-2016, 6:47 AM
I am frustrated with the web based forum Woodnet. I have tried 3 different email addresses and sent them 6 or 7 emails to get registered with no reply.I understand it is a free forum but the lack of response is very frustrating. I do not get it. How hard can it be to confirm a registration request? I am wondering if anyone here has recently been able to register? I only wanted to get more involved in the hand plane and vintage tool collecting and knowledge it lends. Anyone here have any experience with Woodnet?

thanks kenny

Malcolm Schweizer
03-01-2016, 6:56 AM
They may be inundated by spammers trying to get logins. I hosted a forum once, and there were days that I got 100 attempts at getting an id. Most of them came from Russia, China, and Romania. It was usually easy to pick out the fakes because I required an actual name as a screen name, and I doubt even in Russia or China that fghjkghj is a name. :-)

Jerome Stanek
03-01-2016, 7:02 AM
I am frustrated with the web based forum Woodnet. I have tried 3 different email addresses and sent them 6 or 7 emails to get registered with no reply.I understand it is a free forum but the lack of response is very frustrating. I do not get it. How hard can it be to confirm a registration request? I am wondering if anyone here has recently been able to register? I only wanted to get more involved in the hand plane and vintage tool collecting and knowledge it lends. Anyone here have any experience with Woodnet?

thanks kenny

Mine went to my spam folder when I signed up

Alan Bienlein
03-01-2016, 8:02 AM
I'm a member there and didn't have a problem but then again I use my real name on any forum that I'm a member of.

Kenny hill
03-01-2016, 11:58 AM
They may be inundated by spammers trying to get logins. I hosted a forum once, and there were days that I got 100 attempts at getting an id. Most of them came from Russia, China, and Romania. It was usually easy to pick out the fakes because I required an actual name as a screen name, and I doubt even in Russia or China that fghjkghj is a name. :-)
thanks for the reply Malcolm, i was thinking it was do to spammers. I have sent emails to see if there was something else wrong but i get no reply to any emails. i am just frustrated with the lack of response. i am not asking for anything but to confirm my registration submissions. At this point i am out of email addresses to try. I tried 3 different email addresses over the course of a week and a half. I am used a work and home computer, so the ip address should be very simple to confirm that i am a real person, especially since i am following up with a email from the same computer. i use my real name. I appreciate the reply. thanks again kenny