PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Deals?

Mac McAtee
09-13-2005, 9:49 AM
My subscription to Fine Woodworking is about to run out. Anyone know of a good deal to renew a subscription. Notice from FW says $34.95 for one year, $59.95 for two and $83.95 three.

Doug Shepard
09-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Too bad you missed out on this deal a couple of months ago.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17815

Haven't heard or seen any similar offers lately, but will keep my eyes open.

Jim Fancher
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Ebay is a good place to get subscriptions. Shop around for the best combination of price/s&h. I just got about 4 or 5 magazines in the past two weeks.

Scott Coffelt
09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I recently bought a 3 year on EBAY from some guy who sells tons of them. It usually takes a couple of months to start, but never heard a single person complain about not getting them. I think it was less than $50 for 3 years.

Carl Eyman
09-13-2005, 2:02 PM
I found a site on e-bay (something like "bluesky') that cost me about $50 for 3 years. By giving 'em 6 week's notice I neither missed a copy nor duplicated one.

Ernie Hobbs
09-13-2005, 3:21 PM
You can typically find a FWW subscription on ebay for less than $20 a year, less if you do multiple years. That's what I've done for the last several years with no complaints.

Scott Parks
09-13-2005, 6:14 PM
IIRC, I've seen a few letters lately from Taunton Press (Fine Woodworking) that says no one else but them is allowed to sell there subscriptions. I wonder how this affects selling subscriptions on eBay?

Until I got a free subscription, I would read it at my local library. I can check out back issues, but not the current one.

Thomas Canfield
09-13-2005, 9:27 PM
It seems that if I let a subscription expire, there is always a very attractive offer to get me to come back.

The local woodworking club "Woodworkers of East Texas" in Tyler has subscribed to about 8 magazines for the local library and that has allowed me to drop several and still keep up from time to time with a visit to the library. It also keeps the LOML happy to not have so many magazines around. Might be something for other groups to consider.