PDA

View Full Version : My New Sinjoe Laser

daniel coyle
02-29-2016, 1:37 PM
I posted recently about the hassle of getting this laser into the USA. Sinjoe had not previously shipped to the USA and that ended up being problematic.

Now the laser is here and I wanted to let folks know what I am finding. It is a 1290 with a 130/150 Chengdu glass tube. I am told Chengdu is higher quality than EFR which is higher than RECI (anyone?) but the labeling on the tube is not user friendly so I can't even find where it clearly states the wattage or if it is indeed Chengdu . The machine looks fine but it did not come with either a pass through, a honeycomb table or a Z functioning (up/down) table as I had expected. It could be argued that Sinjoe didn't understand I wanted this AND it could be argued that I made it clear enough. OF course, arguing either point doesn't create any different result at this point. The machine DID NOT COME with ANY set up instructions. I asked for these over email and was told I just need to hook up water and laser tube, turn it on and it will work. :) If that is indeed the case I have just bought the most user friendly machine on the planet. Fortunately, it is not my first laser and I can probably figure it out without instructions. Nonetheless... It also did not come with software though I was able to have Sinjoe forward that to me electronically. The price was right and Sinjoe has replied to my messages relatively consistently. The controller looks better, maybe a lot better, than the ones I have had previously and I am hopeful that the software is a step up from Lasercut 5.3.

I will fill in the blanks as I get the machine fired up and running.