PDA

View Full Version : Walnut bowl Bigger pix

David Wilson
09-13-2005, 7:09 AM
A friend gave me some walnut so I decided to try turning a bowl. This is my first attempt. Finnishhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23571&stc=1ed with about 10 coats of wax. Thanks for looking.

Mark Cothren
09-13-2005, 7:23 AM
Looks pretty great to me - especially for a "first bowl"! What a nice finish, too!

Thanks for the picture!

Glenn Hodges
09-13-2005, 7:27 AM
From what I can tell you have done a beautiful job for a first time bowl. Thanks for the picture, you are well on your way.

Kurt Aebi
09-13-2005, 7:35 AM
Looks ral good to me, Dave!

Great job for a First Bowl! As Glenn said - you are well on your way!!

Good Job!!

Michael Stafford
09-13-2005, 7:37 AM
Beautiful finish on that first bowl, David. You are now forever ensnared in the spinny world....I'm sorry. It is an addiction for which there is no cure. :p :D

John Miliunas
09-13-2005, 7:49 AM
First? First? Yeah...Right! You guys and your "first" bowls looking like my best after a couple months! Think I'll just go pitch my lathes in the creek behind the house!:( Great job on that, Dave! The finish is remarkable! Like Michael S. said, you're done for now! :D (Hey, bring that with you Sunday! Also, you got a band saw? Let me know....):) :cool:

Keith Burns
09-13-2005, 7:56 AM
Great looking bowl with a very nice finish ! First one, yeah right :D

Carole Valentine
09-13-2005, 9:45 AM
David, from what I can see, it looks really nice. Looks like two bowls nested together. Think you could post a larger pic (with all the white cropped out) so we could geta better look? These old eyes need all the help they can get!:D

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-13-2005, 10:24 AM
What I can see looks great, but like Carole, I'd like to see a larger picture.

Bruce

David Wilson
09-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry, I'll try to download a bigger pix at lunchtime. Thanks for the compliments. Carole, I tried a technique using a piece of steel wire streched between 2 dowls to burn a line around the rim of the bowl which is why it looks like 2 nested bowls.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-13-2005, 12:26 PM
First? First? Yeah...Right! You guys and your "first" bowls looking like my best after a couple months! Think I'll just go pitch my lathes in the creek behind the house!:( Great job on that, Dave! The finish is remarkable! Like Michael S. said, you're done for now! :D (Hey, bring that with you Sunday! Also, you got a band saw? Let me know....):) :cool:

JOHN!! I'll take the bowl lathe!!!! Not that I could do any better than you, but it looks so nice just sitting there :)

David, the bowl looks great! I haven't yet turned a bowl, hope mine start out like that!

David Wilson
09-13-2005, 1:29 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23583&stc=1

Here is a larger pix

Dick Parr
09-13-2005, 6:30 PM
Really nice looking bowl Dave, isn't walnut fun to turn. :)

Don Baer
09-13-2005, 8:06 PM
Excellent bowl. I got a piece of tiger maple that I got ready and it will be my second bowl. I hope I get it done before you do your second one.