PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail jaws for Barracuda CSC3000 CTN chuck

Anthony Whitesell
02-28-2016, 4:54 PM
Does anyone know where to get a set of dovetail jaws available for the Barracuda CSC3000 CTN chuck?

Wally Wenzel
02-28-2016, 8:07 PM
Penn State Industries Will have anything you want fore a Barracuda chuck
Wally

Thom Sturgill
02-28-2016, 10:14 PM
I bought a set years ago from PSI, but they no longer list them online. I do not know of any chucks that are jaw compatable or any other vendor. Amazon lists baracude chucks, but provided by PSI.

Anthony Whitesell
02-29-2016, 7:54 AM
PSI was the obvious first stop. PSI no longer has any information on the CSC3000. They can't even tell me if another one of their own chucks is compatible with this one. I was hoping someone had cross-referenced the jaws and knew if another make had compatible jaws. I'm also now worried that if I mess up one of the jaws I will not be able to get a replacement.

Thom Sturgill
02-29-2016, 8:42 AM
I you go to their page on jaws it says all of the 'C' series chucks are jaw compatible.

Anthony Whitesell
02-29-2016, 8:58 AM
That's interesting. Obviously I didn't speak to someone in the know at PSI and I did not catch that on the website. I do not see dovetail jaws listed though.

Thom Sturgill
02-29-2016, 11:39 AM
That's interesting. Obviously I didn't speak to someone in the know at PSI and I did not catch that on the website. I do not see dovetail jaws listed though.

No, but the long jaws are better than the standard jaws. The serrations are not deep enough, IMHO.