PDA

View Full Version : Frat Boy Blues

Jim Koepke
02-28-2016, 2:32 PM
Candy (for those who do not know, Candy is my wife) often has the TV on while doing things around the house. Often it is on one of the music channels so she can listen to the 'Malt Shop Oldies'. At other times it is on programs that can be listened to more than needing to be watched.

The other day when I came in for a lunch break it was on "the Untold Stories of the E.R."

There were a bunch of fraternity brothers all in for having blue urine.

As the story unwinds the press wants in and is kicked out. People in the waiting room become afraid of possible contagain.

Eventually it comes out that the frat boys had pranked their sorority sisters. The sisters told them "all is forgiven" why not come by for a party to make things right.

The sisters had put some methylene blue in the punch. The patients are starting to go nuts and one can't feel his legs. There is 'symptom transference' which can happen when hysteria starts to take hold. The doctor, the hospital staff and even the directors were going nuts over this until the doctor thinks to check for the chemical. His test puts all to rest.

A call comes in asking to speak to the doctor in charge of the boys with the blue pee. The young woman tells the doctor to tell the guys about all the bad things that are going to happen. The doctor questions the caller and eventually mentions the methylene blue. She says, "you know, you are pretty smart for an E.R. doctor."

Fast forward 10 years and the doctor is talking to a young nurse about hysteria cases. He mentions the "blue pee hysteria." She says oh yeah I remember that. He then says something about her not being there at the time and how did she know, then it hits him and asks a more pointed question. She says, "you know, you are pretty smart for an E.R. doctor," in the same voice he heard 10 years earlier.

jtk

Jerry Thompson
02-28-2016, 3:49 PM
Thanks for that!

Bruce Wrenn
02-29-2016, 9:53 AM
Jim, Since your wife likes to listen to the malt shop oldies, why not go by Walmart,and get a FM transmitter. They are located in the automotive section, and in our market are about $14. She can plug it into the head phone jack, and any FM radio within a range of about 50' can receive signal. Also have her go to you tube and look up oldies, or she can do iHeart 50's radio on her computer. The transmitter/head phones are handy when you have an elderly person in your house. They can put on headphones, or ear buds and listen to programming at a level they can hear, while family listens in comfort. In my shop, I have the music on, and when running a machine, use my "work tunes" ear muffs to listen to music broadcast thru FM transmitter.

Jim Koepke
02-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Jim, Since your wife likes to listen to the malt shop oldies, why not go by Walmart,and get a FM transmitter. They are located in the automotive section, and in our market are about $14. She can plug it into the head phone jack, and any FM radio within a range of about 50' can receive signal. Also have her go to you tube and look up oldies, or she can do iHeart 50's radio on her computer. The transmitter/head phones are handy when you have an elderly person in your house. They can put on headphones, or ear buds and listen to programming at a level they can hear, while family listens in comfort. In my shop, I have the music on, and when running a machine, use my "work tunes" ear muffs to listen to music broadcast thru FM transmitter.

We have a couple of FM transmitters, not from Walmart. (Let's not get into Walmart)

One is for the iPod that I use in the shop all the time. The other is a Rocket Radio transmitter for the computer. We used to use that in the old house.

Candy doesn't like wearing earphones, buds or other devices. She can crank up the volume and hear it all over the house and not be heard outside.

jtk