PDA

View Full Version : How are these done?

Steven Warwick
02-27-2016, 10:18 PM
I have seen these in several places, Is there a software package that does them?

David Somers
02-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Steven,

Someone else may know of a source, but I have never seen one. It would be easy enough to create a template in Corel/Illustrator though.
The main thing would be finding a reliable source for the meanings of names in various cultures. Or just in Hebrew names if you wanted. I suspect a web search would hit tons of results pretty quickly.

Dave

Jerome Stanek
02-28-2016, 8:20 AM
Lots of books of babies names have the meaning listed. Or you can google it. It looks like just a thin piece of ply that is engraved and a hole cut out for the picture.

Steven Warwick
02-28-2016, 8:50 AM
I am primarily interested in how the name in the frame is partially welded to the frame where the bottom part of the letters are raster cut and the top is vector cut. Thanks for the replies.

Ron Sleeman
02-28-2016, 9:30 AM
Steve: If you look at it close, the name is cut out & the bottom of the letters are etched. That makes it look like it is cut out. As for the design, most people just design it them self.

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
02-28-2016, 10:09 AM
I am primarily interested in how the name in the frame is partially welded to the frame where the bottom part of the letters are raster cut and the top is vector cut. Thanks for the replies.

Steven,

Laser Jump Start has software that will do that. Can't get through to their website right now for some reason.

Bob

Bert Kemp
02-28-2016, 10:12 AM
The name is cut out but if you wanted it welded together its done in corel. You write the name in the font you want, then take out the fill make it hairline and then move the text into the line you want to mesh it with and then delete the lines that you don't want cut out . Kinda hard to explain but not that hard to do.
332635then on a second pass do the bottom vector light cut

Jerome Stanek
02-28-2016, 10:48 AM
I would make 2 copies of the name the first I would cut at a low power to just etch it in and the second I would weld it to the opening and node edit the letters.

Bert Kemp
02-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks Jerome thats a better explanation , I didn't know how to word it like that:D

I would make 2 copies of the name the first I would cut at a low power to just etch it in and the second I would weld it to the opening and node edit the letters.

Jerome Stanek
02-28-2016, 1:16 PM
I use Vectric Aspire to create most of my files as I am familiar with that

Steven Warwick
02-28-2016, 1:18 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give that a shot

Michele Welch
03-01-2016, 9:23 PM
I make quite a few of these and I create 2 layers of the name, one for cutting and one for vector engraving. I don't raster engrave them, I vector engrave them. When i started making them I created several names that were common names so they were ready to go. Easy to do in Corel or Illy.

Mayo Pardo
03-02-2016, 1:36 AM
Here's a quick 4 minute video by Doug Green explaining his method for doing it -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93aCHVaYt1w

There's additional videos also - plaque 2 and plaque 3

Steven Warwick
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone, its making sense now, this corel learning curve is pretty rough. The tutorials help alot to ilustrate what you are saying.