PDA

View Full Version : X Y Offset

Clark Pace
02-27-2016, 9:52 AM
I use RDworks. And it seems when I engrave then cut my laser seems to be favoring a positive y cut a bit. That is. It is like when the y cuts it's off about .01 in that direction. Anyone know if there is an offet funtion?

Keith Winter
02-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Yes there is we turned it on once by accident. I'm not at the machine right now but check the settings. Also if you have any fragments in your file that extend out, little left over parts that's caused it for us in the past. Finally if you have a layer that's not set to cut or engrave but is there on screen if it's large than your art it will offset by that. though it's n

David Somers
02-27-2016, 3:27 PM
Clark,

To avoid the problem Keith described in his comment on fragments sticking out, in Corel I first set up snapto quidelines for my document edges so it is easy for me to come right to them without overstepping. I may also do a crop, being sure to get the corner node as my starting point when I draw the cropping rectangle. Between those two steps I dont get an extended fragment that Keith described. Alternately, you could do snap to page which works too depending on how you have established your page and how that relates to your design. I tend to use snap to guidelines though since I usually drag a bunch around to simplify developing a graphic. Easy enough to drag a few more for the edges at that time.

Dave