PDA

View Full Version : Source for professional grade blank drumsticks

mike klein
02-26-2016, 4:57 PM
Does anyone know of a source for professional grade blank drumsticks in a variety of sizes.

Bruce Page
02-26-2016, 5:27 PM
A Google search for unfinished drumsticks brings up some hits. I can't vouch for quality or grade.

Keith Downing
02-26-2016, 5:58 PM
Can't vouch for the quality of that particular product, but guitar center has a lot of sound gear and has always been great with us.

This page has their drumsticks, including some blanks:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Drum-Sticks-Mallets.gc

mike klein
02-26-2016, 6:10 PM
Thanks for the info Keith. I like the price but a little concerned about all the neg. reviews.

Jerome Stanek
02-26-2016, 6:44 PM
Can you go to a guitar center and see for yourself what they carry. We have them all over here

Keith Downing
02-27-2016, 9:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Jerome. Stop in or maybe just call. There are a lot of options and the first ones listed are definitely the budget stick (at less than $1.50 a stick). I'm sure they could tell you right off what they have in your price range that come blank.

Mayo Pardo
03-01-2016, 3:04 AM
I have a feeling "professional grade" will not be blank - it will likely be stamped or marked by the manufacturer.
How else would anyone know they were really getting what they paid for?

I have purchased a bag of "seconds" just to see how well they would engrave and they worked out OK.
You don't get balanced sets and there are some grain/knot issues on a couple or three out of 20 approx.
But they're good for promotional purposes and as practice sticks. Like a lot of my other ideas, everyone thought they were great but nobody ordered any...

hugh bunker
03-05-2016, 9:37 AM
I am currently working with a drum stick manufacturer and will be doing all his engraving, both logo and drummer signatures. I will see him again later today and ask if he would sell blank sticks. These are what he calls world class sticks. Every set is matched and balanced and he makes all sizes. It is time consuming as I use a rotary chuck for each stick but the pay is good as they are fill in work right now.