PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Blums

Mike Berrevoets
02-25-2016, 8:40 PM
I got noisy Blums. They are the 569's which are the heavy duty, 125 pound capacity soft close version. They seemed fine with the drawers empty but as soon as we started to add stuff to the drawers they make some noise. Hard to describe the sound but it seems like a dull grinding noise or a vibration as it closes.

i don't know if this is normal. It's not terrible, I was just expecting silence. This is my first time using these Blums so maybe they aren't adjusted correctly?

i don't think we are close to approaching the weight limit.

Any ideas form the people that use these Blums all the time?

Jamie Buxton
02-25-2016, 8:44 PM
Did you maybe get sawdust in them when you were drilling holes to mount the slides? I've learned to install Tandems top ones first.

Mike Berrevoets
02-27-2016, 12:05 AM
When I installed I marked with a pencil and then moved the glide and predrilled. I suppose it's possible some sawdust got in there somehow but I don't think it is likely.

I have some 563 glides and none of those are making the same noise.

Joe O'Connor
02-27-2016, 7:26 AM
The first thing that comes to mind for me is your drawer possibly being the wrong size. I had a set I built a hair small and the slide action was poor and also made a bit of noise. I used washers to shim one of the slides away from the cab side.

i would remove the drawer and check the size and also inspect for signs of any damage to the drawer.

Gerry Grzadzinski
02-27-2016, 7:49 AM
Either what Joe said, or maybe something is dragging somewhere. I seriously doubt that it's the slides.

Dan Friedrichs
02-27-2016, 9:46 AM
Stupid possibility, but are you certain the drawer-to-slide latch is fully engaged? I had one that sounded horrible, until I realized it was only running on one side, and the other side was just getting pulled half-way along.