PDA

View Full Version : MJ Splitter Question

Raymond Fries
02-25-2016, 2:53 PM
I have six table saw blades that I use for different cuts. I just got an MJ Splitter to try. I made a ZCI for each blade and want to use a splitter on each one. Wondering if I can reuse the drill guide to drill all the inserts.Then I could just move the splitter to the needed insert.

If I need to buy 5 more kits to get a drill guide, it might make more sense to get a shark guard or some other splitter.

Has anyone reused the drill guide for this purpose? Any experiences to share?

What do you think?

Thanks

Wade Lippman
02-25-2016, 4:13 PM
I made several ZCIs with the one drill guide. It was a few years ago, but I don't recall it being a problem.
The metal one is much better than the plastic one, especially if you will be moving it frequently. (though I don't even know if they still make the metal and plastic ones)

glenn bradley
02-25-2016, 4:43 PM
Wondering if I can reuse the drill guide to drill all the inserts.Then I could just move the splitter to the needed insert.

This is just what I did when I used one. I had some irregularity but, the offsets on the different inserts made this no problem. Once I found the insert that lined up best I just wrote +, ++ or 0 or whatever the proper one was right on the insert with felt pen.

Dan Masshardt
02-25-2016, 6:41 PM
As long as you're not switching between regular and thin kerf blades, you should be fine using the same guide. I believe there is a whole seperate kit for each width.