PDA

View Full Version : I finished this about three weeks ago

Jim Hager
09-12-2005, 6:49 PM
Here are some shots of something I finished up with about 3 weeks ago and just today went by for some pics. They are obviously not finished with the room yet so I will have to go back once they are moved in. The office cabinets are in a convenience store/service station/carwash/farmer hangout here in town. They are remodeling and moving the office into this room. I'm scheduled to do two desks to match sometime in the future when they save up the dough.:rolleyes: Wish I had got to do it all at once.

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/70/1C/52124528-455f-02000180-.jpg

Just thought ya'll might like to see the shots.

Don Baer
09-12-2005, 7:10 PM
Very nice work. I love the layout. It looks to be very functional.

Steve Clardy
09-12-2005, 7:47 PM
Looks good Jim.
I've dona couple of convinence store cabinet jobs. I had to do them of an evening, when traffic was slower. They were both still open.

Jason Tuinstra
09-12-2005, 8:03 PM
Jim, the cabinets look great.

Peter Pedisich
09-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Nice cabinets, Jim!

But they should not put so much stuff on them, I'd worry about the finish getting scratched.

Pete

Jules Dominguez
09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
That's very attractive, Jim.

Keith Starosta
09-13-2005, 8:19 AM
Very nice work. I love the layout. It looks to be very functional.

Absolutely!! I'd love to have this unit in my office. Very inspirational....for me, anyway.... :D

Keith

Ken Fitzgerald
09-13-2005, 8:43 AM
Jim....Fantastic cabinets! How about some more information....materials...red oak?......finish?

Jim Hager
09-13-2005, 9:49 AM
Jim....Fantastic cabinets! How about some more information....materials...red oak?......finish?

The base cabinets on the left behind the doors will be two safes. The 6 drawer fronts cover filing cabinet drawers made to file sideways. Work station is on the right. Fluted face frames on the shelves do not show up too good in the picture but when I go back over there for more pics I'll try to get a close up of that. I think the fluted trim and recessed rosettes look good.

Materials consist of red oak plywood, face frames, doors and drawer fronts solid stock red oak. Counter top is a wilsonart color of some sort that was expensive:eek: didn't see that coming and sorta lost out there. Drawer boxes are baltic birch, cabinet floor is made of 3/4 white melamine. Stain is Minwax special walnut. Gemni coatings NC sanding sealer with a top coat of WFS satin furniture finish.

Hardware is amerock solid brass knobs I found on closeout at the local Barton's store. Hinges are amerock 1/2 over lay surface mount. I had to use the surface mount hinges to allow the doors to swing out of the way to access the safes. Drawer slides full extension ball bearing glides but I can't remember the brand. Off brand of the KV slide but not KV.