PDA

View Full Version : Hammer crosscut fence and stops

David Kumm
02-22-2016, 4:29 PM
I'm finishing up work on my Robinson slider and looking for crosscut fences and stops to attach to the miter gauge on the sliding table. I have big heavy extrusions and stops as well as the small Kreg type. Looking for something in between. Would any Hammer owners post pictures and opinions on the relative quality of the extrusion and stops? The height and width of the extrusion and how smooth the stops work would help. If anyone has another idea, I'm interested. thanks. Dave

Chris Parks
02-23-2016, 8:00 AM
I'm finishing up work on my Robinson slider and looking for crosscut fences and stops to attach to the miter gauge on the sliding table. I have big heavy extrusions and stops as well as the small Kreg type. Looking for something in between. Would any Hammer owners post pictures and opinions on the relative quality of the extrusion and stops? The height and width of the extrusion and how smooth the stops work would help. If anyone has another idea, I'm interested. thanks. Dave

David, have you seen this.......http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/HammerB3/B3IncraMiterFence/b3_incramiterfenceinstall.html

If no one does it before I can I will post photos of a Hammer crosscut fence in a day or so.

David Kumm
02-23-2016, 8:32 AM
Thanks, I'm not familiar with the incra stops. Anyone have experience with them? Do they use a cursor to read the tape? Dave

Chris Parks
02-24-2016, 7:25 AM
David, the Incra uses a saw tooth meshing system is very good and absolutely repeatable and has a cursor to read the tape with. Youtube has plenty of video to see how it works. Pictures of mine attached to give you some idea of the extrusion and stops. It is a solid extrusion with the facility to zero the tape as needed. If you need any more detail please ask.

David Kumm
02-24-2016, 8:28 AM
Chris, that looks like a hammer extrusion on an Incra gauge. My gauge is an old heavy cast iron one fitted to the saw so I am hoping to put the Hammer stuff on it. The incra stops attach to the back of the extrusion and would interfere with the gauge. Dave

Brian Hood
02-27-2016, 1:48 PM
Not entirely sure what you are looking for, but I've installed an Excaliber miter gauge and like it very much. I also recommend the Lamb Tool Works square to set the angle when you need vey high accuracy very quickly.

David Kumm
02-27-2016, 5:44 PM
Here are saw and gauge I'm trying to fit.332600332601 Dave

Chris Parks
02-27-2016, 6:26 PM
Chris, that looks like a hammer extrusion on an Incra gauge. My gauge is an old heavy cast iron one fitted to the saw so I am hoping to put the Hammer stuff on it. The incra stops attach to the back of the extrusion and would interfere with the gauge. Dave

I am not exactly sure of what you mean David, my photos are of a standard Hammer CC fence. I haven't got any Incra stuff myself, I just thought it was an idea worth thinking about due to the repeatabilty that Incra offers.

David Kumm
02-27-2016, 7:07 PM
Gotcha. The incra stops wrap around the fence which won't work with the big gauge I'm using. The 30mm bar clamps the gauge to the table and allows pneumatic clamps to be added if needed. Dave