PDA

View Full Version : Riving blade or other blade guard

Keith Downing
02-22-2016, 3:51 PM
About 18 months ago I bent the blade guard on my Jet table saw (JTAS-10XL). Since then I've been avoiding the saw whenever possible as the feed binds a lot and i didn't have the time to research the issue. To complicate matters, the parts have been discontinued for the saw so I'm definitely going to have to choose an after market product.

Anyone with this saw have suggestions for a riving blade or other aftermarket safety piece? I've seen some other discussions here, but even slight differences in the saw seem to make a big difference in what's available that fits properly.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Erik Christensen
02-22-2016, 4:08 PM
check out sharkguard to see if they make one for your TS - you get riving knife, blade guard and DC all in one very well made accessory

Keith Downing
02-22-2016, 4:37 PM
Thanks Erik, I'm going to try to figure out which to order. The page (http://www.thesharkguard.com/jetjtas10.php) for my saw is a bit intimidating, but I guess the sizes have changed even for the same models.

One question, do you like to use the pawls on the splitter? Seems useful but it's a bit hard to tell if they could potentially get in the way.

Ole Anderson
02-22-2016, 4:58 PM
I ordered my Sharkguard without the pawls and don't regret it. Guard is quick on and off, I love it. Only downside is that the little lever on the tightening nut must be removed to tilt the blade more than about 30 degrees, at least on my Grizzly 1023.

Wade Lippman
02-22-2016, 5:32 PM
The microjig splitter works well.