PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Jim Becker...

Steve Wargo
09-12-2005, 6:45 PM
Surely by the time he responds to this message it will be his 10,000th post. Keep 'em coming my good man.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-12-2005, 7:30 PM
Hey Jim...................if that's true...................even though I like to read your posts..........YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>NEED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GET>>>>>>>>>>>A>>>>>>>>>>>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Bruce ;)

Steve Clardy
09-12-2005, 7:34 PM
Hey Jim...................if that's true...................even though I like to read your posts..........YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>NEED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GET>>>>>>>>>>>A>>>>>>>>>>>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Bruce ;)

Lol. Good one Bruce

Congrats on your 10,000 Jim B.

Lee DeRaud
09-12-2005, 7:57 PM
Still stuck at four-nines, unless he types faster than I do...

Tim Morton
09-12-2005, 7:59 PM
drum roll please!!!!!!:cool:

Steve Clardy
09-12-2005, 8:02 PM
drum roll please!!!!!!:cool:

I can't find the drum roll or i'd turn it on. Hidden in my documents somewhere:(

Jim Becker
09-12-2005, 8:06 PM
I will mark the occasion...and this particular post is "the one" by saying the number really doesn't and shouldn't matter. I actually would prefer that the number of posts someone has made not be displayed...perhaps some indicator that someone is "new" so appropriate kudos can be delivered is all that is really necessary. vBulletin has a lot of neat flexiblity to do things like that...hint, hint...

Simple participation in the community is what counts, no matter at what level or frequency. Even folks who just "lurk" are winners if they get something from the forum that helps them understand something or propels them to try something new. :)

So...what do I win??? :D :D :D :D

Steve Clardy
09-12-2005, 8:12 PM
I will mark the occasion...and this particular post is "the one" by saying the number really doesn't and shouldn't matter. I actually would prefer that the number of posts someone has made not be displayed...perhaps some indicator that someone is "new" so appropriate kudos can be delivered is all that is really necessary. vBulletin has a lot of neat flexiblity to do things like that...hint, hint...

Simple participation in the community is what counts, no matter at what level or frequency. Even folks who just "lurk" are winners if they get something from the forum that helps them understand something or propels them to try something new. :)

Well Tim mentioned a free drum roll. But as of yet I haven'y found it. So--:confused:

Frank Pellow
09-12-2005, 8:28 PM
Jim, you not only contribute a large number of posts, but the majority of your posts arte of high quality and infrmative to the rest of us here at Saw Mill Creek. I know that you have been a great help to me on many occasions and I am just one of many who could say the same thing. Thanks!

scott spencer
09-12-2005, 8:33 PM
...snip...Simple participation in the community is what counts, no matter at what level or frequency. Even folks who just "lurk" are winners if they get something from the forum that helps them understand something or propels them to try something new...
Yep...we're a bunch of winners here alright....9,999 practice runs and you pick a vice presidential acceptance speech to ring in the new digit spot to the left of the comma?! Live a little Jim! ...drop an expletive and see what Ken does, or at least say something controversial like "everyone who owns a blurfel brand tool is an idiot"... you get the idea!

:D

p.s.: Oh! Almost forgot my manners....congratulations! :)

Lee DeRaud
09-12-2005, 8:38 PM
Well Tim mentioned a free drum roll.Kind of like a jelly roll, but...chewier.:eek:

Andy Hoyt
09-12-2005, 8:47 PM
I sure hope you type fast. I've just spent the last forty-seven hours doing a word count on all 10k. At 30 words a minute you're up to a full time job's worth of time just typing, much less reading stuff here.

:cool:J;)I:DM:confused: B:oE:eek:C:(K:mad:E:)R:rolleyes:

Mark Singer
09-12-2005, 9:06 PM
He has a lot to say! and he know what he is saying! Congradulation Jim!

Ken Garlock
09-12-2005, 9:08 PM
Jim, either you are very efficient, or you have too much time on your hands. :eek: :D

Keep up the posts, I have learned a lot from you. :cool:

Bruce Page
09-12-2005, 9:27 PM
Jim, I have enjoyed all of them! http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Joe Mioux
09-12-2005, 9:29 PM
Where was the pool?

Love your posts and threads.....

Joe

Bob Noles
09-12-2005, 9:30 PM
Just one question Jim..... when on earth do you have time to play in the shop? :D :D :D :eek:

Congrats and thanks for the many hours devoted to helping all of us.

Steve Clardy
09-12-2005, 9:39 PM
Kind of like a jelly roll, but...chewier.:eek:

Lol:D:D ;)

Bart Leetch
09-12-2005, 9:42 PM
Jim is not really busy yet wait till the 2 girls come back to stay. :D Oh boy or should I say oh Girls. You'll be out numbered Jim... :eek:

Ernie Nyvall
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Jim, you not only contribute a large number of posts, but the majority of your posts arte of high quality and infrmative to the rest of us here at Saw Mill Creek. I know that you have been a great help to me on many occasions and I am just one of many who could say the same thing. Thanks!

I certainly second this.

Ernie

John Miliunas
09-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, going by what you said, I won't "congratulate" you, but rather, slap you a cyber "high five"! :D Totally agree with you on making the # of posts visible. Really doesn't matter, though I do like to try and welcome new-comers to the Creek. I don't know..Maybe a little red flag or something near the user's name, which times out after his/her first 10 posts or such? :) Anyhow, I will joint the others in thanking you for bringing a LOT of great info to the Creek! Keep up the great job!:) :cool:

Mark Singer
09-13-2005, 2:35 AM
Your quite a poster yourself #2:D
Well, going by what you said, I won't "congratulate" you, but rather, slap you a cyber "high five"! :D Totally agree with you on making the # of posts visible. Really doesn't matter, though I do like to try and welcome new-comers to the Creek. I don't know..Maybe a little red flag or something near the user's name, which times out after his/her first 10 posts or such? :) Anyhow, I will joint the others in thanking you for bringing a LOT of great info to the Creek! Keep up the great job!:) :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
09-13-2005, 4:07 AM
..."everyone who owns a blurfel brand tool is an idiot"...

Scott, I've been using Blurfel tools all my life, my daddy used Burfel tools, and his daddy used Blurfel tools. They make the best IHNIWTM* system out there. I agree...we're idiots, but for a different reason. You gotta problem with that? :p

Oh, and congrats Jim on the milestone. Like others have mentioned, your posts are part of what makes SMC a great place to learn and share.

- Vaughn

* I Have No Idea What This Means

scott spencer
09-13-2005, 7:05 AM
* I Have No Idea What This Means ...put a copyright on that and you can retire early my friend!

Jeff Sudmeier
09-13-2005, 8:41 AM
JIm, it has been great reading your posts!! Something like 11 a day since you joined on average, that is a lot of posts and they are all great!

Eddie Watkins
09-13-2005, 3:41 PM
Jim,
Congratulations! Your posts have also benefited me many times. you are always concise and well informed.
I've seen work come out of your shop so my suggestion is lighten up on the caffeine (or double it when your girls arrive).:D
Eddie

Jules Dominguez
09-13-2005, 9:27 PM
Jim, keep those posts coming. I've enjoyed and benefitted from them.

Kelly C. Hanna
09-14-2005, 8:46 AM
Wow...10k! I'll be eighty before I get that far....

Aaron Koehl
09-14-2005, 12:54 PM

We double your salary starting tomorrow.

Lee DeRaud
09-14-2005, 1:55 PM
We double your salary starting tomorrow.Gives "cheap date" a whole new meaning.:eek:

Randy Moore
09-14-2005, 7:27 PM
I kind of wonder if Jim works and if so what he does. He hit a certain number yesterday, 9-13-2005 and has since long passed it. Congats :cool: and hope you double that number shortly.

Jim I know veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery little about wood, computers or anything except construction . Do you need an apprentice? LOL

Randy

Corvin Alstot
09-14-2005, 7:55 PM
Jim/
Volume is nice but your support, participation, humor, passion for wood and helpful discussions are what are appreciated.
<O:p</O:p
CA

Dave Malen
09-14-2005, 8:18 PM
Have had the pleasure of Jim's company. He's one of the "good guys"

Dave

Corey Hallagan
09-14-2005, 9:23 PM
I agree with Jim about post counts. With that said, Jim is a credit to this website there is no doubt about that. Always ready to hand out encouragement, Kudo's and compliments, technical know how and last but not least calming presence when these start to get heated. I think anyone would be doing well here to follow his lead. Thanks Jim!

Corey

Charlie Plesums
09-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Jim, thanks for your many Many MANY contributions.

Pete Harbin
09-16-2005, 1:38 AM
He's like the Wayne Gretzky of Sawmill Creek! :D

Obviously you're greatly appreciated Jim! Thanks for all of your contributions AND your posts of support. I'd have to say that half of your posts are kudos or words of encouragement to others. That's a great way to be. Hmmm...while Gretzky did score more goals than anyone, he had even more assists than goals. You really are the Gretzky of the Creek! :D :D :D

Pete