PDA

View Full Version : Roses

Mark Yundt
02-20-2016, 6:28 PM
These roses in white oak are for a massive carving project a friend is doing . There are a bunch of these getting carved along with grape clusters in a similar grouping . Gothic panels 8' wide and 75' tall are also getting carved.

He did a model in clay ( as he will for each piece getting carved) and then made a resin casting from it which is in the photo . Since both left and right carvings are needed I took te ones that will be the mirror image of the model he made.
carved in one piece , approx. 6" W x 6 1/2" tall with both traditional and " old world" roses .

mike holden
02-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Gorgeous work!
Hopefully you will give us more pics of work in progress.
75 feet tall! Where is this going?
Mike

Mark Yundt
02-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks.
all the work is going into a church . They're adding a couple thousand more pipes to their organ and the carvings , high as they are, will be the screens.

Mark Yundt
02-22-2016, 3:25 PM
Here is the elevation . Again , 7 stories tall ( a big church) and this is all new construction going on in Oak

Mel Fulks
02-22-2016, 4:19 PM
Love that Deco Gothic look! But your work should get some more square footage!

Mark Yundt
02-22-2016, 4:24 PM
Thanks Mel, but with how this guy can carve ( makes me look like I use a sharp spoon and an axe) I'm honored to be a part of this multi year project . Given time my contributions will add up .