PDA

View Full Version : Two Lasers, One Chiller

Julian Ashcroft
02-20-2016, 8:17 AM
I have two lasers, I never operate them at the same time. One is connected to a proper chiller unit, while the other is connected to a CW-3000, which can only cool down to the surrounding air. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect both lasers to the same chiller, so the water goes from the chiller through one laser tube, then to the next before returning to the the chiller. Would lower my running costs as I run both units 24/7 even though I'm not operating the lasers on anything like that.

George M. Perzel
02-20-2016, 8:33 AM
Hi Julian;
I have two laser tubes running thru the same chiller- but in parallel not series as you suggest.
Put T couplers on the input and output of the chiller and run separate hoses to each laser.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Bill Carruthers
02-20-2016, 8:59 AM
Would lower my running costs as I run both units 24/7 even though I'm not operating the lasers on anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Julian - just wondering why you would do that, (run 24/7)? I only turn mine on when I'm running a job on the laser.

Bert Kemp
02-20-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't know Julian's reason but have read that it keeps the air bubble out of the system.

Julian Ashcroft
02-20-2016, 12:49 PM
I don't know Julian's reason but have read that it keeps the air bubble out of the system.

thats basically it, don't have to worry about bubbles and lasers are always ready to go.