PDA

View Full Version : Tall ships coming to the great lakes in July

Myk Rian
02-19-2016, 9:28 PM
If you haven't seen these ships, you have missed something spectacular. We boarded many of them in 2013 when they made port in Bay City, Mi. These ships will be racing, and at least 20 of them are expected. A great family outing.
http://wlns.com/2016/01/20/fleet-of-tall-ships-scheduled-to-return-to-great-lakes/

Jim Koepke
02-20-2016, 1:43 AM
That is one thing I mis about living near San Francisco. I could go out to the Maritime National Park and along the waterfront and see historical ships.

If I pay attention to the news or shipping information I can sometimes go down to the river to see sailing ships headed to Portland if they are touring along the coast.

jtk

Rick Moyer
02-20-2016, 5:07 AM
Saw them in Philadelphia quite a few years ago. I would encourage anyone local to go see them. Very impressive.

Jeff Monson
02-24-2016, 4:06 PM
We saw the tall ships in Duluth a few years back. It was well worth the trip and something cool to see. We took the north shore drive the day they left, could see the old pirate ship for miles, what a sight!! Cant imagine the fear it put in sailors back in the day to see that coming.