PDA

View Full Version : My Rockwell Sonicrafter

lowell holmes
02-19-2016, 12:46 PM
is very sorry tool. It has no power and does not cut even white pine trim cleanly.

Does anybody have luck with theirs?

John McClanahan
02-19-2016, 1:26 PM
I have another brand. It is slow due to the extra fine teeth, but it does work ok.

John

Jared Sankovich
02-19-2016, 1:38 PM
I have one, it's been great.

Mike Henderson
02-19-2016, 1:39 PM
I have a Harbor Freight. Works fine with a good blade. I don't use it much, however.

Mike

lowell holmes
02-19-2016, 1:56 PM
We were remodeling a kitchen and dining area.

I had tried using the tool on my house and it would not cut white oak door trim.

In neither case, it failed miserably. I bought a Fein tool and it breezed through everything I used it on.

I normally don't buy off brand tools, but the name Rockwell fooled me.

I long for the days of Rockwell-Delta, but they are no more.

Tom Ewell
02-19-2016, 2:13 PM
The Bosch corded units seem to be pretty good but if you've got the Fein.... that's all you'll need.

Got my first multimaster well before the other brands came out, guys on the job used to laugh when I pulled it out. They weren't laughing so much after they saw what it could do.

Biggest gripe I've ever had was the cost/longevity of the blades but at least now there are many more options to choose from other than Fein.

Great tool to have for remodeling projects, even something like removing caulk is 'almost' a treat.

lowell holmes
02-19-2016, 3:17 PM
Actually, my son absconded with the Fein, so I don't have it anymore. If I need another one, I will visit Amazon for a Fein.:)

Rich Engelhardt
02-20-2016, 7:18 AM
I work with a small contractor from time to time.
He had a Rockwell.
It worked fine with a good blade.

It died and he replaced it with a Ridgid corded.<<<---Really nice tool...

My Harbor Freight one works fine with an Imperial blade.
If/when my HF one dies, I'm going to look real close at a Ridgid.

Myk Rian
02-20-2016, 2:13 PM
I have a Harbor Freight. Works fine with a good blade. I don't use it much, however.

Mike
I used my HF to replace every door in the house. Great for trim adjustments.

John Aperahama
02-20-2016, 6:42 PM
Have corded version has become very much my goto tool, lots of power clean accurate cuts.

lowell holmes
02-20-2016, 7:03 PM
Have corded version has become very much my goto tool, lots of power clean accurate cuts.

John, does it handle white oak?

As far as that goes, we had issues with white pine. Also, fir door trim is tough and stringy, mine does not handle it.

George Bokros
02-20-2016, 7:08 PM
I have a corded PC and it has worked fine for cutting some oak door casing and jamb when I put porcelain tile in my bathroom remodel. I have also used it for trimming pocket hole plugs.

Jim Dwight
02-20-2016, 7:19 PM
I used my Ryobi cordless to make cuts on a small piece of oak flooring, 3/4 thick so I could remove it to patch in a new piece. The blade was dull so it was slow going (with some smoke) but it did it. I know from other experience that my HF corded is smoother and more powerful. I am on my second HF but at what they cost and everything I did with the first one, I am satisfied.