PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Rotary Attachment Rotates wrong way when Center Center engraving

Tom Peake
02-18-2016, 9:05 AM
I have an Epilog Zing 24 40w in my classroom. I have been etching yeti tumblers and the like using the rotary attachment for our robotics fundraiser. I would put the artwork in the center of the page in Corel Draw and set the print dialog up for center center engraving like normal. I would position the laser pointer in the center of where I would like the artwork and set that as home. It would then work as normal, rotating counter clockwise to the beginning of the artwork and start etching.

I come in about a week ago and now it doesn't work. I set it up as I would before, but now it rotates clockwise beyond my center and then start etching. I saved the artwork as a PDF to see if it was something in Corel, but the same deal.

Is there a setting that I may have hit in the dialog or something on the laser.

Kev Williams
02-18-2016, 11:11 AM
All I can think of, is maybe the diameter entry doesn't match the part?

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-19-2016, 7:41 AM
Tom,

Have you looked to see if maybe you have the Bottom-Up engraving option selected in the driver? I can picture that maybe causing the rotary to run in reverse.

Chris J Anderson
02-21-2016, 7:15 PM
Tom,

Have you looked to see if maybe you have the Bottom-Up engraving option selected in the driver? I can picture that maybe causing the rotary to run in reverse.

I was thinking this too, but it should only affect the direction of the engraving, which shouldn't matter...

Also check that the page size in your corel drawings isn't way bigger than your image, sometimes it just won't print if the page is too large.

Also, make sure that you have the centre of your image set (on the laser) far enough away from the default home position.
Eg: if the image is 50mm wide (Y), then you will need to reset the home position on the laser to at least 25mm (Y), otherwise it won't run because the left side of the image goes past the zero point. I hope that made sense.

Dee Gallo
02-21-2016, 7:46 PM
I'd be interested in the answer to this question. But my procedure is to place the art at the top of the page and position my cup where the image is engraved right at the start of the page. It places the image exactly where I want it without relying on document placement.

Chris J Anderson
02-23-2016, 6:40 PM
Tom ???

Any news ??

Evan Requardt
08-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Tom,

I have the fix to your problem! Mike nailed it when he said to check and see if you have a bottom-up directional setting. There are two directions to choose from, top or bottom. You'll find this setting in your Epilog Properties window where you change the speed, power and all that jazz for different jobs. The bottom-up setting will rotate your object in a counter-clockwise direction while engraving.