PDA

View Full Version : Dust Control Hose Handle - Why so weak?

Clay Fails
02-18-2016, 8:01 AM
OK, so I just snapped off the second or third 4 inch Rockler Dust Right dust handle. They're just weak at the point where the handle attaches to the cylinder. So has anyone come up with a better mousetrap? I have searched for an industrial duty handle, but have yet to find one.

Hoang N Nguyen
02-18-2016, 8:19 AM
I've thrown, dragged and kicked mine for 2 years now with no issue. I guess you can try and wrap it with some fiber glass and epoxy to re-enforce it as one option.

Ole Anderson
02-18-2016, 9:14 AM
Same here, no problem and I have 3 of them in service from 2011.

Joe Cowan
02-18-2016, 9:19 AM
I am on my second one. I now try to hold onto the body of pipe instead of the handle when I use it, to take pressure off the handle.

Brian Lamb
02-18-2016, 9:36 AM
You might take a look at handles for back pack landscape blowers. I just bought a new one and the handle had a nice clamp around the plastic tube and the handle itself is very substantial. Look for a unit that has a separate throttle so the handle isn't complicated with the throttle components.

Ben Rivel
02-18-2016, 11:34 AM
I have read about that happening to quite a few people. Its unfortunate as it seems like in the pictures Rockler has been going in a good direction with their Dust Right line.

Earl McLain
02-18-2016, 1:38 PM
My first one snapped off, and i had a second on hand (don't recall why i had the second). With the way the design looked, before i started using the second one it got a good wrapping with Gorilla tape. No problem since. The rest of the Dust Right stuff i have has been top notch.
earl

Clay Fails
02-18-2016, 2:10 PM
My first one snapped off, and i had a second on hand (don't recall why i had the second). With the way the design looked, before i started using the second one it got a good wrapping with Gorilla tape. No problem since. The rest of the Dust Right stuff i have has been top notch.
earl

I think the Gorilla Tape is a good idea. Thanks for the heads up on that. I just keep thinking someone must make a more substantial product that I can retrofit somehow for this purpose.