PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 735x height lockup

Rick Johnston
02-17-2016, 9:52 AM
I'm 3 days inside the 1 yr warranty. The turret stop is is locked up between 1/8 and between 1/2" and 3/4". Plus the wheel adjust won't turn but about one rev. Any ideas?

Myk Rian
02-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Chain could be clogged with saw dust.

Dan Friedrichs
02-17-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm confused about what is stuck - is it the planer height, or the turret stop height?

In any case, the planer height adjust is a really simple mechanism - just a chain drive around the 4 posts. Pull the top off and check that the chain isn't caked in sawdust, adjust the chain tension, etc.

Jim Finn
02-17-2016, 6:30 PM
Just today I had to open up my DeWalt planer to clean out the sawdust in there. The only gripe I have with this planer is that the chip ejector fan and housing is made of plastic and breaks when loose knots get chewed up and out the planer. The hole or crack in the housing allows sawdust to accumulate inside the planer and cause the chain to bet clogged with sawdust.

Rick Johnston
02-17-2016, 8:15 PM
The plastic housing was locked up due to some anchor bolts and the exposed studs holding it down to my moveable rotating platform. The exposed threads caught the housing on one side and restricted the wheel. The ironic part is I figured it out when I removed the holding bolts to go either to repair shop or exchange at retail store.

Thanks again to Myk for help with the rotating platform its mounted on a few months ago.