PDA

View Full Version : Small...but big impact

Maurice Ungaro
09-12-2005, 8:45 AM
Friends of ours had a one year birthday party for their son Jack. As cash is short these days, and crafted things mean more and last longer, I made this little car as our gift to the little man. His parents were ecstatic over it, and think it's something he will have forever. The body is 8/4 QSWO and the wheels are teak. It may not last forever, but it should last a heck of a long time. Of course, it comes with a lifetime warranty. Length is about 8", wheels are 2 1/16" diameter.

My wife thought it was adorable, and I got to use my bandsaw....so how good is that?

John Miliunas
09-12-2005, 8:53 AM
Maurice, I think it's a great little project and one which turned out real cool!:) Good posibility that with rising costs of goods, many of us will be taking your lead! I'm sure the little guy and his parents do and will continue to appreciate that beautiful gift. Nice job!:) :cool:

Chris Barton
09-12-2005, 9:12 AM
Maurice,

Very nice little car there! Its amazing how often a nice wooden toy trumps all the technology in the world!

Jeff Sudmeier
09-12-2005, 9:15 AM
Maurice, that looks great! I may have to "steal" that design for my nephew!

Jim Becker
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Wonderful! I think that the simplicity of these kind of things makes them even better toys...they help stimulate the immagination.

Maurice Ungaro
09-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Jim,
Also helped stimulate the imagination of the guy making it too!
Call it nostalgia, but I remember having similar things to play with as a kid - and most of them were hand-me-downs......talk about durablity!

Dick Parr
09-12-2005, 6:14 PM
Real nice Maurice, I made some of those years ago for the grand daughters and they still have them. You little friend will have that car to play with for years to come.

Very good job and a nice thought. ;)

Dale Rodabaugh
09-12-2005, 6:50 PM
Very Very Nice.Toys like that last forever,and they always remember who made them.I have a friend who makes a lot of cars and trucks,tractors,etc.like that for gifts,and they are always appreciated.Nice job.:) :) :)

Vaughn McMillan
09-12-2005, 7:53 PM
Nice job, Maurice. I'll bet that car gets lots of smiles to the gallon for many years to come. :)

- Vaughn