PDA

View Full Version : Tractors R Us

Lee Schierer
02-14-2016, 8:59 PM
My niece who plans to get married in June asked if I would make some small wooden tractors as table favors for her wedding. I agreed, thinking it would be maybe a dozen tractors. I made a prototype and she loved it. About a month later she called and said, oh by the way, she would like 36 tractors. I wanted bar tread tires, but couldn't find any, so I came up with a way to make my own. I made a couple of jigs to speed up production and safely cut of 36 sets of small parts and decided to make two extras just in case something went wrong in the process. I finished the fabrication and assembly this past week. The tractors are about 5" long and 3-1/2" tall to give you an idea of the size. Here's what they look like.
They are made of soft maple and will be left unfinished.

I have $65 in materials and about 25 hours in labor to make them.

Jebediah Eckert
02-14-2016, 9:17 PM
Maybe one of the Cooler table favors I have seen. They will love them.

Mel Fulks
02-14-2016, 9:45 PM
Like that idea ,so much better than the milking machines! And by kindly complying you have avoided being called
"intractorabull". Actually ,they look neat enough to be the cake plates. We wish them long and happy lives together!

Terry Hatfield
02-15-2016, 11:31 AM
You are the Henry Ford of tractor table favors, Lee!!! Those are neat!!

glenn bradley
02-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Very cool Lee. Sure to please and be the starter of many conversations at the wedding and after.

Ted Calver
02-15-2016, 5:32 PM
Those put a smile on my face, Lee. Great job!