PDA

View Full Version : Morning well spent ...

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
06-11-2003, 12:47 PM
I was able to get out in the shop early today ... the sun's shining, 73 degrees and it's a beautiful day to be outside. I made a vow to myself last night to get some bowl blanks cut out today, so I'd have some all ready to go when I'm ready to turn. I set up the bandsaw on the ShopSmith and proceeded to attack the woodpile. Here's what I ended up with before lunch: Three cherry (10" - 12"), seven cherry (6" - 8"), Two walnut (6" - 8"), two walnut (10" - 12") and a bunch of smaller cedar items waiting to become potpourrie' jars, lidded boxes and such. All in all it was a rewarding morning. I've been wanting to build up a blank "bank" instead of having to start from scratch each time I wanted to turn. This will become the norm from now on. MY modest shop is one end of a 12' x 8' shed, so I don't have a lot of storage room yet. We're building next spring, so that'll be handled soon. My neighbor's a turner also, so I'm going to gift him with one of the large cherry blanks to see what he comes up with. Thanks for looking, be careful and have fun turning. I'll be sure and post picts.

John Miliunas
06-11-2003, 1:14 PM
Uh, pardon my ignorance, but isn't it going to be a bit hard to turn something with all those blanks sitting on top of the SS?!:D Hey, seriously, I wish I had *that* kind of stock waiting in MY woodpile! Nice haul. Many hours of pleasure await, as well as many pics to post out here at the Creek! (hint, hint) :cool: