PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Problem

Bert Kemp
02-12-2016, 5:26 PM
Certain letters are engraving the closed part of the letter. I've opened this file several times and zoomed and can't find any open poly-lines Don't know why this won't engrave right. Gotta be somethin simple like me:D
Photo and CDR 9 file enclosed any help greatly appreciated.

Keith Winter
02-12-2016, 5:50 PM
What material is this done on? Glass and plastics tend to do this on letters like A, R, E, P and sometimes even S. To fix it you would need to do one of the following 1) use a different font 2) or use a larger size of the font 3) rasterize the letters and manually edit them to make the wholes in the A R and e larger.

Mark Sipes
02-12-2016, 7:05 PM
Once I removed all the double lines and "combined" the correct layers in the Letters with Inners (odeabqp), the image was good to go..

need to clean the file a little more.

Bert Kemp
02-12-2016, 8:17 PM
Thanks Mark but I don't see anything in the areas that engraved I've looked many times what am I missing

I just looked again, I pulled the engraved area of those letters out and there single hairline. I don't see any double lines in those letters not sure what you mean by the inners layer

Mike Null
02-12-2016, 8:18 PM
I agree with Mark's solution.

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-12-2016, 8:27 PM
Bert, the double-lines are in the P & O of patriot, R & D of guard, etc. Try selecting both lines of the A (inner & outer) and then combine them. Same with the rest of the characters that are 2 individual lines instead of 1 line for the whole letter. You may want to display your Object Manager. (I always have mine visible. Can't accomplish much work without it!)

Bert Kemp
02-12-2016, 8:40 PM
Thanks Mike ok one thing I was just looking at the center of the problem letters when I selected the whole letter and pulled it away the black lines underneath showed up LOL. So I selected the letter and tried to combine but combine was greyed out, So then I selected the whole thing and that let me combine. Haven't tryed to run the file yet. I have to change some cut line colors but it looks like it might work. I'll let ya know.
Thanks Guys this corel thing is hard :D

Bert, the double-lines are in the P & O of patriot, R & D of guard, etc. Try selecting both lines of the A (inner & outer) and then combine them. Same with the rest of the characters that are 2 individual lines instead of 1 line for the whole letter. You may want to display your Object Manager. (I always have mine visible. Can't accomplish much work without it!)

Bert Kemp
02-12-2016, 9:07 PM
ok another question after changing all the colors the engraving was blue and I mad the inside of the OPR ect yellow and everything engraved. is this because the laser doesn't see the yellow or is it some other problem, before I go back and change them all to green or something LOL I'm tired can think straight anymore .

Mike Null
02-13-2016, 8:18 AM
Bert
Combine only works if two or more objects are selected.
Can't answer your color question.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Well I thought the letters APORe were two objects when I created the letters I inserted the center portions of those letters, they weren't text letters all in one piece :confused:
Well anyway I'll change the colors later and see if it works right then.

Bert
Combine only works if two or more objects are selected.
Can't answer your color question.

Bill Carruthers
02-13-2016, 10:43 AM
ok another question after changing all the colors the engraving was blue and I mad the inside of the OPR ect yellow and everything engraved. is this because the laser doesn't see the yellow or is it some other problem, before I go back and change them all to green or something LOL I'm tired can think straight anymore .
Bert- this is being caused not by coreldraw but by your Lasercut. Try selecting (by boxing it) a single letter that is engraving wrongly - ie. an O and make the lasercut color applied to be a "cut" value rather than "scan" or "raster"you should then see the 2 component lines that make the O - in order to engrave it properly you need to "Group" both lines in Lasercut then apply a lasercut color that is set to scan.
Sounds long & hard to do but in practice is quick and easy- just select the whole graphic - Group it and make it a "scan" color. Give it a play.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2016, 11:27 AM
He said WHAT??:D lol have have no Idea how to do anything in laser cut . my choices are "cut" & "engrave"
I do all my other stuff in corel

Bert- this is being caused not by coreldraw but by your Lasercut. Try selecting (by boxing it) a single letter that is engraving wrongly - ie. an O and make the lasercut color applied to be a "cut" value rather than "scan" or "raster"you should then see the 2 component lines that make the O - in order to engrave it properly you need to "Group" both lines in Lasercut then apply a lasercut color that is set to scan.
Sounds long & hard to do but in practice is quick and easy- just select the whole graphic - Group it and make it a "scan" color. Give it a play.

Ross Moshinsky
02-13-2016, 1:15 PM
That artwork is a mess and in general shows a lack of understanding of how Corel and Laser Cut work together. Based on your artwork, I genuinely do not know what you're looking to accomplish when all said and done.

Red is typically a vector cut color and you have engraving text, I think.
Blue is typically a vector engrave color and you have it cutting, I think.
Black is typically for engraving and I'm not sure what you have it doing.

So what I did was look up the logo online and set it up how I would if I wanted to important into Gravostyle, which should work just fine for Laser Works. In my opinion, this is how you should be laying out your artwork. This is considered "normal" in this industry. What you were doing is considered abnormal.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2016, 2:55 PM
Thanks Ross but I wasn't looking to be bashed and criticized I was looking for some help trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.
Please in the future refrain from replying to my posts

That artwork is a mess and in general shows a lack of understanding of how Corel and Laser Cut work together. Based on your artwork, I genuinely do not know what you're looking to accomplish when all said and done.

Red is typically a vector cut color and you have engraving text, I think.
Blue is typically a vector engrave color and you have it cutting, I think.
Black is typically for engraving and I'm not sure what you have it doing.

So what I did was look up the logo online and set it up how I would if I wanted to important into Gravostyle, which should work just fine for Laser Works. In my opinion, this is how you should be laying out your artwork. This is considered "normal" in this industry. What you were doing is considered abnormal.

Ross Moshinsky
02-13-2016, 4:23 PM
Thanks Ross but I wasn't looking to be bashed and criticized I was looking for some help trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.
Please in the future refrain from replying to my posts

Bert, first and foremost. I did help you. You now have a file that is properly formatted and I gave you real world advice. You need to work on your fundamentals. Several people posted as how to fix your file and you didn't understand what they were talking about. I think it's a ridiculous expectation for people to go through the fundamentals of how to fix your file when it's been discussed in the past & there are many tutorials on the net which cover these issues.

The second point I'd like to make is I've seen you post on here throwing around "expert" opinions and use harsh words. Although I don't feel I was overly harsh, I do know I was blunt and that's simply down to the fact I've noticed your posting style to other users in the past.

Mike Null
02-14-2016, 8:07 AM
Bert

For somebody who admits he has to do "all my stuff" in Corel, I agree with Ross. Spend some time learning to use Corel.

Responses like yours are likely to ensure that nobody will respond in the future.

Matt McCoy
02-14-2016, 10:27 AM
That artwork is a mess and in general shows a lack of understanding of how Corel and Laser Cut work together...331560

Oh, Bert is an entertaining guy who happens to be a hobbyist that donates his efforts to a deserving group -- including this project. Probably could have worded this better if you truly wanted to be helpful IMHO.