PDA

View Full Version : Don't Understand what is happening

Terry Wade
02-10-2016, 9:33 AM
I was having a problem with the x-axis stepper motor. I saw on you tube how to check the stepper with a LED to tell if the motor was good or bad. After doing the check the motor showed to be good, when I turned the machine back on it started working again. I need to cut some pieces from leather and when I did the cut didn't go well. I thought that maybe the lens was dirty and causing the problem so I took everything apart and cleaned the lens which was a little dirty but not that bad. So I put it back together and ran a test, at a speed of 100 it cut the circle on the left ok but with the speed at 10 it is like it is trying to cut another line beside the main cut line as you can see on the circle on the right. I don't understand why it is doing this, has anyone had this before and how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Terry

Kev Williams
02-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Info about the pic please?

--the circle on the left, how many times was it cut? Speed, power?

--the 2 circles on the right, one appears much 'heavier' than the 'shadow'-- for the heavy cut, same questions above, and same questions for the shadow cut. Also, was the shadow cut as a second pass to the heavy cut? If so, was the power and speed levels the same? Was the second pass accomplished by starting the machine a second time, or was it a "2-pass" job?

Or did the shadow cut happen during a single pass, possibly caused by a split beam?

Glen Monaghan
02-10-2016, 10:55 AM
looks like you have a split/reflection in the beam that is producing an offset secondary/reduced power trace. At 100 speed, it probably didn't put enough energy into the leather to mark it (except at that little squiggle between 7 and 8 o'clock inside the left circle, where I'm guessing the trace started and stopped), while at 10 speed, you got the dark, deep trace from the main beam and that split/reflection created the offset lighter, shallower trace. I'm not familiar with your system, but the beam may need alignment so it doesn't hit a mirror mount/nozzle cone or whatever, or you might have a cracked mirror somewhere, loose mirror...

Bert Kemp
02-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Also check the output end of the tube for dirt, hair what ever.

tommy suriady
02-17-2016, 10:46 AM
Hi! Happened to me before. Maybe its because your laser beam kinda "kissed" the edge of the nozzle aperture, creating 2 slightly offset lines. Try removing nozzle and see if it goes away. if it does, then put back and align to make sure laser is in the center of the nozzle aperture.