PDA

View Full Version : Woodsmith combo router table

Paul F Franklin
02-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Anyone build the combo router table from Woodsmith 222? I'm due for a new table and thinking of building that one. I like the versatility but will have to figure a way to add dust collection or it's a non-starter. Kind of surprised WS didn't address it. Anyway, looking for thoughts and impressions.

Gary Liming
11-19-2016, 3:58 PM
Wow, 10 months later an no one fessed up. Paul, did you build one? The plans do not include dust collection, but modding the fence in vertical mode is pretty simple by just copy one of many designs out there for a RT fence. Not so simple in horizontal mode, but if you don't do it that often, maybe not much of a problem. Thinking of doing this with a motored lift.

Paul F Franklin
11-20-2016, 9:34 AM
Thanks Gary. I accumulated all the "stuff" and have started cutting stock. Didn't make much progress over the summer, too many outside projects. Not too worried about DC on the fence as that is pretty straightforward as you say. Have an idea for closing off the underneath section to allow collecting dust from underneath/behind, but haven't fully worked it out yet.

I did create a sketchup model from the Woodsmith plans if anyone is interested. Probably not OK to post it, but would make it available to anyone for personal use. Probably not perfect and I haven't finished dimensioning it, but all the parts are in there.