PDA

View Full Version : UK Supplier for acrylic glue

Dave Hutton
02-09-2016, 12:14 PM
As title really - I need to find a reliable supplier of glue for acrylic in th eUK (I'd rather buy from a company who I can talk so I get the right products rather than buying from an ebay shop)

So any suggestions I'd be obliged. I seem to remember a recommendation (a member here I believe) but can't find that information again

Thanks

DJ

Isaac Clarke
02-09-2016, 1:58 PM
Are you after the solvent stuff? Hindleys sell it :)

Dave Hutton
02-09-2016, 2:30 PM
I'm not 100% sure what I need (hence wanting someone to ask) I want to stick some 3mm acrylic letters to a backing board (biggest is 3" tall so not heavy. I got the impression that the solvent was better for edges than flat bits. I have thought about using the 3m double sided material, as I can get the sheets already applied so that would make it an easy and clean operation. I have approx 800 letters to apply and 1200 small elements as well, so I'd rather something quick and clean.

Its for indoor use so nothing industrial although I might be making a huge version as well (I'll probably have to sub that out I guess)

I'll google hindleys and give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

DJ

walter hofmann
02-10-2016, 5:39 AM
hi there
I make my own I use small pieces of the acrylic then dissolve it in aceton until its totally dissolved like coffee cream.
maybe this helps
greetings
waltfl

I'm not 100% sure what I need (hence wanting someone to ask) I want to stick some 3mm acrylic letters to a backing board (biggest is 3" tall so not heavy. I got the impression that the solvent was better for edges than flat bits. I have thought about using the 3m double sided material, as I can get the sheets already applied so that would make it an easy and clean operation. I have approx 800 letters to apply and 1200 small elements as well, so I'd rather something quick and clean.

Its for indoor use so nothing industrial although I might be making a huge version as well (I'll probably have to sub that out I guess)

I'll google hindleys and give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

DJ